Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MariaS

VITAMIN E OIL

Has anyone tried using vitamin e oil along with bp?

What about using vit e as a moisturizer over BP? Since it's such a great moisturizer, and it protects from free radical damange, it may actually repair any damage done by the BP...anyone have any ideas about this?

Dan-have you ever tried using vit e in your regimen, and has it worked out at all?

Vit E repairs skin damage...scars and such.

Anyone? Come on, I know some of you must have tried it.

I have been using Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E skin care cream as a moisturizer during the Regimen (St. Ives tea tree wash, Dan's BP gel, and Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E as moisturizer). I have been on it for a full week and it has worked well. It makes my skin soft and if you massage it in it doesn't make the skin greasy.

i've heard that using straight vit e oil can really break some people out. i am thinking of using it just around my eyes though (for the bp fine lines that are developing there).

Yeah, the reason I'm asking actually, is because my grandma used to put it under her eyes all the time for wrinkles, and it worked really well.

Does BP make undereye wrinkles worse?

I wouldnt try it. It helped for 5 days then I got the worst breakout of my life. It's really thick and would probably just clog your pores even more.

I wouldnt try it. It helped for 5 days then I got the worst breakout of my life. It's really thick and would probably just clog your pores even more.

I have heard very mixed reviews about vitamin e oil. The two most common oils that seem to be used by acne sufferers for moiturising and healing properties are emu oil and jojoba oil. There are plenty of good posters on this board who know their oils....Tracy, Rossignol and many others in the scarboard for example.

Ok, I can't live with the wrinkles under my eyes, so I think I'm going to stop the regimen. It's just not worth it like this. No amount of cream seems to make a difference. Hopefully, my eyes will go back to looking normal in a few days.

The undereye wrinkles will lessen when you stop with the bp treatment. Continue using it, just don't get any under the eye area. That's what I do and it's works just fine. If you do get zits close under the eye then try a green tea/aloe vera gel in that area.

That's the thing though, I didn't put any under my eyes. Yet, every morning for the past few days, I've woken up with more and more wrinkles under my eyes, and I had practically none before. The skin under my eyes actually burns when I moisturize now.

I don't want to just LESSEN the wrinkles, I want to get rid of them completely, so I don't think continuing with the BP will help at all.

I think I know what you mean. What happens is since the bp causes the skin to be a little more firm, while you sleep it makes the bottom half of the firm skin move up and wrinkle the eye area (which is malleable). My advice is to use a vitamin E, A, or retinol (which is a form of vit A) cream or any combination of those on the wrinkled areas.

Aha, that makes sense now! I'll try the vitamin E under my eyes then. Hopefully, they'll return to normal, because I look like I haven't slept in about two weeks.

Actually, if you spread moisturizer under your eyes after a leave-on application of BP, you're transferring some BP to your eye area. The solution is to just avoid all topicals to the eye area, or be very careful about the direction you rub.

Regarding your problems with wrinkles under the eyes...

Here's what really works for me, I ran into the same problem when I first began the regimen two months ago. Immediately after I wash my face I apply moisterizer (Eucrerin skin renewal) around the eye area ONLY. This is while I wait the 15 mins to put on BP. After initially applying moisterizer around the eye area, I don't touch my eye area from then on. Because even though you don't apply BP to the eye area, even the slightest traces of it on your hands can be extremely drying to the eye area. Hope that helps.

from member 'needinghelp'

m

that would work really well but what works even better is to use an eye cream (a cream that is targetted for eye wrinkles). i have been using either a kara vita eye serum or emu oil mixed with my normal moisturiser. i really had started to develop the wrinkles around my eyes but that took care of it.