Notifications
Clear all

How To Get Through This Flare Up

MemberMember
(@jayjaykay)

Posted : 12/29/2013 10:45 am

I normally, have moderate acne, but I recently tried something new in my routine while also going through a period of extreme stress. So naturally my skin broke out like crazy. I have a lot of some what deep pimples coming up and many little bumps as well. New ones are coming up while some are ready to extract every day. I think once all of the pimples caused by the new toner I used express themselves, I'll go back to the moderate acne (instead of this severe state).

I'm just wondering how I should treat my skin in this time of severe acne.

What will help the angry redness?

What should I be doing with the pimples ready to pop?

What should and shouldn't I do to whether this storm?

I currently am (and have been using for months) Boscia clear complexion cleanser and complex 15 moisturizer with a few drops of jojoba oil once a day at night. I purposefully don't use bp or sa.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/29/2013 2:26 pm

Don't pop the pimples you only make things worser. Ice your pimples 30mins to bring diwn the swelling. You'll wake up the next day with decrease Inflammation.

MemberMember
(@megan-rina)

Posted : 12/29/2013 3:53 pm

How long have you had acne problems? What do you already do for your skin? use witch hazel every day and every night on a cotton ball. It's also used for burns so it will help you a lot. Also, can you take zinc? It's found in the vitamin section in drug stores. Used to heal your skin from the inside out. Many of my clients use this and the ones, especially with cystic acne, have said it cleared them up.

Good luck!

xo Meg