Notifications
Clear all

Shoild I Still Be Flaking?

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 12/28/2013 5:43 am

It's been almost a month and half since I re-started The Regimen. Dan's instructions were too fast for my skin's tolerance the first time so I stopped completely, started again in the middle of November, and worked my way up VERY slowly.

I'm currently using between half and a 3/4 pump of BP morning and night- I kind of just eyeball it on my finger and it's been working fine.

My skin isn't irritated, red, or hot at all anymore but I'm still flaking on the apples of my cheeks and around my mouth. It's not severe but it is obvious.

I didn't stick with The Regimen for this long the first time around so I don't know if this is normal.

Oh, and I should say that I do exfoliate with jojoba oil about twice a week. It removes the flakes but they just seem to creep back just as they were.

MemberMember
(@ea1986)

Posted : 12/29/2013 10:45 pm

I have been using regimen for 3 months...and still a bit flaking and red sometime...sigh....im wondering if is about the weather..since is extremely dry and cold these days....

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 12/30/2013 3:11 am

I have been using regimen for 3 months...and still a bit flaking and red sometime...sigh....im wondering if is about the weather..since is extremely dry and cold these days....

I've been thinking the same thing lately - that I should have bit the bullet and started the regimen sooner since I've already known about it for a long time. I'm thinking maybe if I started it this past summer it might have been a little easier, especially since we have very hot and humid summers where I live. Oh well.

The AHA is supposed to help with the flaking. I recently upped by BP though because I feel like I could be seeing better results that I currently am so I'm holding off on ordering that.

MemberMember
(@ea1986)

Posted : 12/30/2013 10:53 pm

I've been thinking the same thing lately - that I should have bit the bullet and started the regimen sooner since I've already known about it for a long time. I'm thinking maybe if I started it this past summer it might have been a little easier, especially since we have very hot and humid summers where I live. Oh well.

The AHA is supposed to help with the flaking. I recently upped by BP though because I feel like I could be seeing better results that I currently am so I'm holding off on ordering that.

I bought Dan's AHA as well, was told by the instruction that to mix half pump moisturizer with half pump of AHA at the beginning of month 2, BUT it burnt me like hell.....the skin around my mouth was so red and took 2 hours to recover. And until last night, i tried it again because i think it might be helping with me flaking, this time i only put a pea size of AHA to my moisturizer....it burnt a little bit at first...but i have not seen the result yet.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/31/2013 12:51 pm

I bought Dan's AHA as well, was told by the instruction that to mix half pump moisturizer with half pump of AHA at the beginning of month 2, BUT it burnt me like hell.....the skin around my mouth was so red and took 2 hours to recover. And until last night, i tried it again because i think it might be helping with me flaking, this time i only put a pea size of AHA to my moisturizer....it burnt a little bit at first...but i have not seen the result yet.

Moisturize first let it dry then AHA then moisturize again. This stops the burning when you put on AHA.

The reason AHA helps with flakes is because you can get the same results as bp but only need to use a thin layer.

Unlike bp were ppl need to use 1 to 2 pumps twice a day. I used to use AHA once a day and was breakout free.

Before AHA. I had to use 2 pumps bp twice a day to be breakout free I had bad flakes on my chin. So nasty, I had to be

going to the bathroom every 5 seconds to see if im flaking. Flakes usually never go away unless jojoba oil helped usually AHA

is the solution. Not only that you'll save so much money. I use to use like less then a quarter pump of AHA for my face. So the bottle does last long.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 01/11/2014 2:23 pm

I'm not on the regimen, but I use Dan's AHA and I find it is a little difficult for some people (like me) when you first start using it. It definitely burned for me, and I have very sensitive skin so I had to start off with 1/4 AHA and 3/4 moisturiser. But if you stick with it for about 2-3 weeks (or even less, depends on your skin), you'll see really noticeable results, whether it's on any pigmentation, scars or active acne. I also get dry flaky skin really easily but the AHA always leaves my face feeling really smooth and soft - more than my moisturiser does.