Notifications
Clear all

Can Fillers Give Amazing Results (Although Temporary)

MemberMember
(@chuckjamison)

Posted : 12/27/2013 11:50 pm

I've seen some before/after pictures of people who have gotten fillers that look amazing? Is this a good temporary fix?

MemberMember
(@yoyotravels)

Posted : 12/28/2013 4:31 am

I'm wondering the same thing for the scars I have. The problem is I have a lot of small rolling scars and a few wide ones across my cheeks. How do fillers work for this? I always thought fillers only worked for a few deep scars and not many small ones.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 12/28/2013 7:19 am

>Photoshop

I have had enerjet and juvederm (3 vials), both did absolutely nothing of benefit. The filler goes in, creates puffyness (not even in the right places), and then fades out and a the blood stains from injection finally fade in 2 weeks.

Unless your scars are very deep, it won't make any real difference. Not to mention the price.

Read: fraxel re:pair

MemberMember
(@chuckjamison)

Posted : 12/28/2013 12:28 pm

Anybody know why fillers won't work with superficial scars?

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 12/28/2013 1:00 pm

Anybody know why fillers won't work with superficial scars?

My opinion and experience: the texture of the scars is very awkward in most cases so it is hard to fill it right, it takes lots of skill that most applicators lack.

That is not to say that deep scars don't have this problem, but with very deep scars even an unskilled application of filler will fill the deep holes and you have the appearance of partial improvement since yes, the holes are being filled.

With shallower scars, the problem isn't depth as much as it is the fine details and awkward textures of the skin, that can not be fixed by plumping the area.

MemberMember
(@chuckjamison)

Posted : 12/28/2013 1:17 pm

325world.....that makes sense....seems like a good option for more superficial scars would be co2 laser first to smooth edges and then to find a doc with a lot of filler experience.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/28/2013 6:42 pm

Fillers are tough to get right. For one, you have to choose the right scar because not every scar can be treated with fillers. The best candidates are the soft, rolling scars with a normal surface and gently sloping edges. Anything with hard edges or not distensible (meaning they don't disappear when you stretch the skin between two fingers) can not be filled. That just causes the filler to move to the edges, creating a doughnut effect and making it look worse. Resurfacing (laser, dermabrasion) is best for small scars that are widespread and with hard edges.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 12/28/2013 7:05 pm

Fillers are tough to get right. For one, you have to choose the right scar because not every scar can be treated with fillers. The best candidates are the soft, rolling scars with a normal surface and gently sloping edges. Anything with hard edges or not distensible (meaning they don't disappear when you stretch the skin between two fingers) can not be filled. That just causes the filler to move to the edges, creating a doughnut effect and making it look worse. Resurfacing (laser, dermabrasion) is best for small scars that are widespread and with hard edges.

Yes, rolling scars are easy because the horizontal area is much easier to "hit". I have moderate boxcars and ice picks and noticed the donut effect (when 3 vials of juvederm were injected), and a 0-effect (which I describe as "nothing happened") when I had 1 vial equivalent.

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 12/31/2013 3:57 pm

I got the same results as 325.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 01/01/2014 10:45 pm

If the scars are tethered, as blahblah described, the filler will likely fail because it will donut around the scar margins. You need subcision first (or at the same time). Fillers do work depending on the scar itself and the skill of the injector.