Notifications
Clear all

Whats The Point Anymore?

MemberMember
(@jsm1894)

Posted : 12/27/2013 11:36 pm

I truly don't see the point of trying anymore. Every time I think my face is getting better, another cyst pops up. My face is never going to the back the way it was before. With active pimples, scars, and red marks, I see no reason of getting out of bed every day. Nobody understands how I feel. Family members constanly ask me if I am eating differently or am stressed out. It's a never ending cycle. Nothing works, nothing helps, and I am to the point where I feel like I am going to spend my whole life alone. My self confidence is completely gone, I don't work out anymore, I ignore my friends messages. I honestly don't know if I want to live anymore......

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/28/2013 12:04 am

What does your acne look like? Maybe I can give some tips. If you don't want to upload face image grab one from the web and post it here.. Don't give up man. I'm 18 I know how it feels.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/28/2013 1:53 am

look into low dose accutane and see how it goes

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 12/28/2013 3:11 am

i was like you when i was younger. But then i did some research and started pouring acid onto my face which worked magnificently. BP, Glycolic acid, and salicylic acid is what you need to look into

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/28/2013 7:24 am

Keep trying new products. AHA is powerful. Ice for 30mins down the pimples so they go away quickly.

Your only option is to keep trying. It's a process once you find what works for you then you can focus on the scars. Baby steps man!

And keep your mind distracted. The mind tends to have negative comments aboyt anything and everything. If lifes perfect the mind says oh its too cold or too hot. Or im Im depressed because my team lost the football fame its the end of the world. How can I even get out of bed.

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 12/30/2013 9:12 pm

I'm currently at that point as well. I've had all the emotions you could possibly have pertaining to acne. I've been truly depressed, I wouldn't eat anything for days because I was worried it would break me out worse. I've been nonchalant about it, falsely convincing myself that its really not a big deal. I've been optimistic, wishing that I would magically stumble upon some sort of miracle that would heal my tarnished complexion. I have been there. However, after spending thousands of dollars on products that inevitably didn't help at all and having heard so many rude, negative comments from both loved ones and strangers. Which is difficult, because your family is supposed to be your back bone, not you're biggest worry. I have tried mircordermabrasion, peels, lasers, pills, creams, everything. And it's just SO exhausting. It's exhausting to have all your insurmountable amount of efforts..merely in vain. Acne is more than just bumps on your face, it's something that crushes your soul, and changes you.

After experiencing all this, I have nothing left. I feel numb. I feel no emotions. I'm not suicidal but I wouldn't care if I died. Everything I do revolves around my face. All this hurt has made me numb; like emotional endorphins.

I'm sorry I couldn't provide you with anything useful. I just wanted to relate.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 12/31/2013 5:22 am

if you look to the past you will only find your self more miserable, day dreaming of what life used to be like and wishing you could go back or transpose it to the present. I've been there. its a cruel continuous cycle that only leads to more depression and defiance of the "now." You are living in the now, you must move forward as the world does not wait for you to catch up. I am sorry this is your life, your predicament. I understand the words you type. I pondered them myself in my own time. Doing so almost lead me to suicide.

So, I encourage you to look forward, move forward, and also get help for your self if you really feel this way of "what the point anymore." If you do not have something to look forward to ( a goal or objective to accomplish) and question your very life then its time to do something. Coming here to vent is okay and actually needed in order to start accepting that you need help, but it does not end here. People here can only provide their stories and guidance. We can do no more. The rest is on you.

If ya need people to talk to I for one will talk. Acne may control your life now, but shoot to maintain its ugly presence starting today so that you can prevent it from running you. I'm sure there are many articles that you could read that could help. Like i said. Its on you.