Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NJT

Coolglide for acne AND laser hair removal?

Ok, this may be a silly question but I have heard of coolglide for laser hair removal and now my derm would like to try it on bumps which may be scars. So....is it the same thing, does it remove hair as well?

Edited by NJT

I tried Coolglide one summer. Yes it does remove hair quite well, but how well it works on the face is something that u can debate. From my personal experience, I found it to yield minimum if any noticeable difference in my scars. Not to mention that it also drained me of $2000 and left me quite disappointed at the end.

thanks for responding...well my derm said the first time we do it will be a "trial" and she won't charge me the first time...she says if the results are good then we can continue and she'll charge me for subsequent sessions.

How many times did your derm recommend you to do this? I had 5 sessions of it done. At that time, I was open to trying just about anything because I had just passed the 6 months after my Accutane course ended so I had no idea how I would respond to it. The treatment doesn't require any numbing or anything. On their website, I didn't see any pictures of anyone using it for scars but there were some for removing pigmentation marks or sorts kind of like V-Beam. Right now, I am doing Smoothbeam and am pleased with the results.