When Should I Start...

Notifications
Clear all

When Should I Start Seeing Results?

MemberMember
(@catherin)

Posted : 12/27/2013 9:11 am

I started December 3, 2013 and my acne has made a little improvement but im still breaking out, the BP is helping because the the acne i had is gone but i get new ones everyday so the improvement i make today is gone tomorrow, when should i stop breaking out? Help please! :/

BTW im a 19 year old female with Mirena IUD since August 2012 is mirena whats making me break out everyday? Or am I suppose to break out at the beginning of the regimen?

post-358545-0-42440500-1388153443_thumb.

post-358545-0-27161300-1388153453_thumb.

post-358545-0-42440500-1388153443_thumb.

post-358545-0-27161300-1388153453_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cerisepastor)

Posted : 12/27/2013 9:18 am

i am on the fifty day of my regimen, i developed tiny waterfilled blister all over the area which i apply BP. I just wonder if someone has the same situation. my face is red, dry and itchy now. i used to have mild to moderate acne and my face is the worse now. i follow the regimen precisely, only pea size of bp that is enough to cover my face and i only use it at nite. even my nose has developed the same tiny blister now. anyone who can help.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/27/2013 9:32 am

when you realize putting creams on your face isnt gonna stop acne from forming because its usually internal

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 12/27/2013 10:28 am

It's probably too early to see any clear signs of improvement - you've been on the regimen for less than a month after all. Like any treatments, it takes over a month to really see results, so I'd stick with it for a little longer. You won't get clear skin in a week!

Has your acne worsened since you've had the IUD put in? Mirena is fairly androgenic and can cause pretty severe acne for some people. Personally, my acne is hormonal, so if I used the Mirena I would probably be covered in acne. I'd consider switching contraception methods because I'm sure Mirena is contributing to the problem.

MemberMember
(@catherin)

Posted : 12/27/2013 12:56 pm

It's probably too early to see any clear signs of improvement - you've been on the regimen for less than a month after all. Like any treatments, it takes over a month to really see results, so I'd stick with it for a little longer. You won't get clear skin in a week!

Has your acne worsened since you've had the IUD put in? Mirena is fairly androgenic and can cause pretty severe acne for some people. Personally, my acne is hormonal, so if I used the Mirena I would probably be covered in acne. I'd consider switching contraception methods because I'm sure Mirena is contributing to the problem.

I think mirena is contributing too soo i already have an appointment to have it remove and continue with the regimen. Hope it works! :D

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/27/2013 2:31 pm

The IUD is notorius for causing or flaring acne so its great that you're having it removed. You have to understand that the Regimen can take between 3-6 months to show continued improvement. Mentally prepare yourself to have shitty skin till then. For the person that mentioned acne is internal. I agree that you should take the opportunity to improve your health (diet, stress, etc) but dont go nuts.

Stay Strong

MemberMember
(@kck182)

Posted : 12/30/2013 12:48 am

Um, I think your skin looks great! From your photo you don't appear to have much, if not any, active acne. It will take some time to fade the red marks but you look wonderful!

MemberMember
(@catherin)

Posted : 01/01/2014 5:52 pm

Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

MemberMember
(@azzz)

Posted : 01/01/2014 6:04 pm

It will take at least 3 months. Maybe 6 till people start noticing. Just have to wait it out and make sure you stick to it no matter how tired you feel at the end of the day.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 01/01/2014 7:26 pm

I think your skin looks good too! As long as you are seeing gradual improvement and a general trend towards clearer skin, I think some breakouts are typical. My sons are on week 6 and their skin is much better overall, but they are still getting some pimples. It's not perfect yet, but much better than it was. Hang in there, because your skin definitely looks good!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 01/21/2014 8:32 pm

It took about 2 months for me to start seeing really drastic, long-lasting results. Stick with it and it'll be worth it!

Best of luck :)