Notifications
Clear all

Clustered Hyperpigmentation And Scars On Cheeks

MemberMember
(@acnesux77)

Posted : 12/26/2013 4:55 pm

Hi there, my names Matt I've posted like a couple of times before years ago, but now im back. As the topic suggests I have about 10 red hyperpigmentation marks all clustered on my right cheek. The fact that it's all bunched up together makes it look so disgusting. If it was spread out i would be ok but it's not.

I'm so depressed, this is the most depressed I've been. I've had the marks for about 2 years and 8 months now. Some has faded NOT A LOT! On top of that I still get nodules on the same area of my cheek so now it's just getting bigger!! LIKE FOR FUCK SAKE JUST GIVE ME A BREAK ALREADY!!!

I have to work on Friday and Saturdays and I'm a waiter and I hate it because the customers always laughs at me and I'm so sick and tired of this bullshit. When's it going to stop! When will they fade!! I just want to burst into tears! I just want to give up and go crazy!

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 12/27/2013 3:34 am

Makeup. I know you're male, but makeup can help so much. I was afraid to use makeup as a male but it has saved my self esteem so much, especially when my acne was worst. If you're worried about it looking obvious, have a professional show you how to apply/what products to use and match your skin tone. It can look like you're not wearing any at all. Go to either Sephora or a MAC store - they're higher end and know what they're doing. I know that can be really intimidating, but both companies have extremely high standards for their employees and customer service - they won't judge you at all.

If that wouldn't work, you could try some kind of simple BB cream.

For dealing with the actual marks, include some type of daily exfoliation (an AHA or BHA - like the AHA lotion from acne.org or Stridex salicylic acid pads). If you could get a prescription, Tazorac or Retin-A are another option. Any of these options should also help with your active acne.

I hope that helps. I know this really sucks but at least you know it's something temporary - you'll get through it. Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 12/27/2013 7:36 am

The best thing you can do for marks, as already said, is exfoliate. I wouldnt use a scrub with the micro beads in or whatever they are called, because they can irritate and if you have active acne then they can just spread it.

I use an chemical exfolaint, called Gycolic acid. It got it from a facewash at a SK:N clinic and it has done wonders for both my active acne and hyperpigmentation. I know its sounds harsh, but its actually derived from the sugar cane and has many benfits for the skin, like anti ageing too (which if you use too much BP is awesome for as BP ages the skin)

acne doenst detract from your looks at all, so please dont ever worry about it.

Guys can wear makeup too, just make sure it matches your skin tone

good luck

MemberMember
(@acnesux77)

Posted : 12/27/2013 8:17 am

Hi thanks for the replies. Yes I'm currently using dermaflannel to exfoliate twice a week and also using a 15% glycolic acid serum with aloe Vera. Not much results so far been using of about a month and the glycolic only 2-3 weeks.

I've tried using makeup believe me I'm Chinese, and it's really hard to find something that matches my skin!! With yellow undertones it's so hard. I've tried maybelline bb cream light and medium don't work. I've got dermablend in colour nude, nothing seems to work properly. I use abit of both combined just to make my marks look less red but I hardly put any on as I said doesn't suit my skin tone.

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 12/27/2013 2:04 pm

Hi thanks for the replies. Yes I'm currently using dermaflannel to exfoliate twice a week and also using a 15% glycolic acid serum with aloe Vera. Not much results so far been using of about a month and the glycolic only 2-3 weeks.

I've tried using makeup believe me I'm Chinese, and it's really hard to find something that matches my skin!! With yellow undertones it's so hard. I've tried maybelline bb cream light and medium don't work. I've got dermablend in colour nude, nothing seems to work properly. I use abit of both combined just to make my marks look less red but I hardly put any on as I said doesn't suit my skin tone.

The exfoliation should help but unfortunately it can take some time. The best thing you can do is control active breakouts so you stop getting new marks.

Hmm..as I said, ideally get matched and hear suggestions from MAC or Sephora (it is free and they show you how to apply everything). But if you cant, something else to try might be e.l.f. powder foundations (from Target or Walmart in my area). The lightest shade has some yellow to it and it only costs $1 if I remember correctly (and it doesnt break me out). They also have cheap kabuki brushes to apply it. I much prefer powder to liquid as it tends to look less noticeable.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/28/2013 7:40 am

I give you props for having courage to go to work with your skin as you say it is. It makes you stronger as a person. Try icing your pimples to bring down inflammation and redness. 30mins is the magic number for me. I wake up the next day with decrease inflammation.

MemberMember
(@acnesux77)

Posted : 12/29/2013 7:33 am

Thanks

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/04/2014 5:52 am

As far as makeup goes you could always take a look on the internet to find Chinese BB creams. English/American ones don't match my skin either but I've found that the Asian ones work better on paler skin/skin with yellow undertones.

MemberMember
(@themastapeanut)

Posted : 01/09/2014 11:52 pm

Covering the inflamed area with a warm tea bag may reduce redness and pigmentation. I drink green tea regularly, so I almost always do this when I break out.