Notifications
Clear all

Just Started Accutane.

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 12/26/2013 11:07 am

Hi world. I have just started taking Accutane , this being my 14th day since on it.

For me , this drug has reacted really fast , my initial breakout having begun from the first days (3-4-5) , despite the low dosage ( 10 mg /day).

So far no crazy side effects , couple of days with MILD dry lips , some discomfort in my lower back area in the morning when i get up , but that's it.

The IB though , tough as hell , I'll post a picture so you guys can see exactly what I'm dealing with . Can't even shave , it's a disaster.

At least I'm in winter break and I don't have to get out of my house for school. I know I'm gonna clear up in the future , so this IB is kind of a necesary evil in my mind.

I would appreciate any advice and/or question , and I will answer any question that you might have.

Peace out.

post-367744-0-20479900-1388074068.jpg

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 12/27/2013 11:26 am

I will be posting weekly updates....hopefully.

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 01/01/2014 2:23 pm

Happy new year folks.

It's time for my weekly accutane update , this being my third week since on it.

Since the IB started really fast , it had to end really fast right? Well it did , I am already starting to clear a bit.

Now I really don't know what's gonna happen , i couldn't find this period after the IB detailed anywhere , do you clear for good, do you still break out ? I'll have to see for myself.

I am reaaaallly surprised that 10mg of accutane daily has had such a fast effect on me ( 80kg) but I am really enjoying it.

I have NO side effects , not even the dry lips , had them just a couple of days in my first 2 weeks.

Well , anyways , I'll leave you with the 3rd week picture , and hope you comment with SOMETHING because it just feels like I'm talking to myself here, and , until next time.

post-367744-0-12075500-1388604231.jpg

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 01/01/2014 9:39 pm

Cool thanks for posting this. Rest assured I am watching this and getting a lot out of it. I too am going to start 10 mg no more, no less. Any tips for handling an IB and what generic are you taking? What did your acne look like before? Thanks in advance and keep us updated ^__^

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 01/02/2014 6:28 am

Hi.

I am taking Roche Roaccutane ( if that's what you mean by generic, since im not a native english speaker). In my oppinion you really cannot do anything to stop or diminish the IB , I just never left my mancave ( house) during it . If you have to get out of your home , for work , school , or whatever , I suggest you don't think that much about it , and if you do , just imagine yourself in a couple of months , all cleared up.

When I was a baby , I had some kind of acne then , don't really know much about it because I never looked it up ,but what I know is that it left me with some deep scarring.

Acne reoccured later on , probably because of puberty and all that. It was moderate to severe I'd say , but I'm leaning more towards moderate. I have tried lots and lots of topicals , and even laser treatment . Laser treatment cleared me up ( but only for the duration of the treatment , and not even then completely) , but my doc. prescribed a topical with benzoyl peroxide along with it , so maybe the laser didn't actually do jack for me.

Later on , a different doctor prescbribed me with erythromycin , which worked really well , and I was clear. But again , after a month I'd say, the acne came back.

Then I tried some kind of topical called Glycon. Now that , boys and girls , did nasty things to my face. From SUUUPER oily , to flaky. From moderate acne , to SEVERE.

I can't say for sure that it was the cream , or the acne that just got worse , but hella coincidence if it wasn't the cream indeed.

After that I tried benzoyl peroxide , which dried me out even more , did practically nothing to my acne but worsen it , and I gave it up. ( I admit I didn't wait too long before giving it up , but I just couldn't take it).

Aaaaand here I am now , on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 01/02/2014 4:03 pm

Hi.

I am taking Roche Roaccutane ( if that's what you mean by generic, since im not a native english speaker). In my oppinion you really cannot do anything to stop or diminish the IB , I just never left my mancave ( house) during it . If you have to get out of your home , for work , school , or whatever , I suggest you don't think that much about it , and if you do , just imagine yourself in a couple of months , all cleared up.

When I was a baby , I had some kind of acne then , don't really know much about it because I never looked it up ,but what I know is that it left me with some deep scarring.

Acne reoccured later on , probably because of puberty and all that. It was moderate to severe I'd say , but I'm leaning more towards moderate. I have tried lots and lots of topicals , and even laser treatment . Laser treatment cleared me up ( but only for the duration of the treatment , and not even then completely) , but my doc. prescribed a topical with benzoyl peroxide along with it , so maybe the laser didn't actually do jack for me.

Later on , a different doctor prescbribed me with erythromycin , which worked really well , and I was clear. But again , after a month I'd say, the acne came back.

Then I tried some kind of topical called Glycon. Now that , boys and girls , did nasty things to my face. From SUUUPER oily , to flaky. From moderate acne , to SEVERE.

I can't say for sure that it was the cream , or the acne that just got worse , but hella coincidence if it wasn't the cream indeed.

After that I tried benzoyl peroxide , which dried me out even more , did practically nothing to my acne but worsen it , and I gave it up. ( I admit I didn't wait too long before giving it up , but I just couldn't take it).

Aaaaand here I am now , on Accutane.

Very well spoken English. I don't notice any scarring looksnlike after this round you should have nice skin. Well being female I could probably cover it up. Update tho my derm ordered hormonal tests first. So no Accutane yet we wanna recheck stuff I guess. I still think Accurane would give me my life back. Sorry for typos new tablet Lol. Well I will follow your progress. Will you stay on 10 mg? If you have any bad side effects don't continue though that's kinda my rule personally....

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 01/02/2014 5:18 pm

I don't know if I will be staying on 10mg , depends on my doctor . I have a friend who did a cycle at the same doctor , and after the first month she upped him to 20mg because she thought it wasnt having that much of an impact on him. Now , I don't know what to say , she might be upping me , or she might not , since I've reacted well to it (imo).

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 01/08/2014 1:47 pm

Weeeeekly update ( fourth week)

Still no side effects worth mentioning.

My doctor is keeping me on 10mg. ( she said maybe later on she will increase it for a short while)

Nothing else really worth mentioning.

Feel free to ask me any question you might have, aaand here's the screenshot.

post-367744-0-56440800-1389206812.jpg

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/10/2014 1:03 pm

I hope it goes well for you :)

Im a japanese student so i cant take accutane here, i heard its amazing.

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 01/12/2014 11:22 am

Weeeeekly update ( fourth week)

Still no side effects worth mentioning.

My doctor is keeping me on 10mg. ( she said maybe later on she will increase it for a short while)

Nothing else really worth mentioning.

Feel free to ask me any question you might have, aaand here's the screenshot.

I'll follow your thread. I'm still nervous to do Accutane some days...

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 01/14/2014 8:14 am

Posting early I guess , meh.

It's day 32... so I'm almost 5 weeks in.

I'm breaking out on different parts of my face at different times. One day I'll have 6 pimples on 1 cheek , and 1-2 on the other , and in 2 days it would be backwards. My chin breaking out at different times aswell. And that is without the redness/marks/popped pimples that are now healing.

I have a reaaallly good photo for you guys that catches the redness very well ( done today in daylight ish) . I don't like it. I don't like it at all. The good thing is that I have some motivation.

Been going to the gym for some months , seen good results , and planning to continue until summer. I have a vision of myself before the summers starts , with a clear face and a BAAANGIN' body .

Fuck acne. cya lads

post-367744-0-15426300-1389705264.jpg

MemberMember
(@intensecow)

Posted : 01/15/2014 10:33 am

push through it!!

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 01/22/2014 11:14 am

Herro herro , its'a me.

It is time for ze update, this being day 41.Still no side effects , maybe the fact that im getting colds easier now , but don't know if that's related.

On another hand , my face is just a complete mess. It is soooo damn red , so red , redy red , that it's very red , because of the spots that my mom ( lel) keeps popping every day.

There's no way I can let them heal on their own , since 3-4 appear daily and it takes about 2 weeks for the small ones to fade, and more than a month for big ones. They don't even heal properly , they are still infected but they just get smaller. In the event that they do dissapear , the scarring is much worse than it would be if i popped em (my mom lel).

Anyways , I'm gonna leave you with a photo . Those dark red ones i popped last night , they were SOOO much bigger and grosser than that , trust me.

post-367744-0-65348200-1390407250.jpg

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 02/10/2014 7:34 am

Hey guys. Sorry for the 2 weeks that I haven't updated my progress, but I couldn't manage to take screenshots of my face , so I thought it would be pointless updating without you actually being able to see it.

I went to my derm again , and she upped my dose to 20mg, which I think is doing some work , but i'll let you decide.

There's nothing else worth mentioning ,so i'll just attach the picture . My lips are really cracked in it somehow , they aren't like that usually.

post-367744-0-65062000-1392035690.jpg

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 02/24/2014 1:12 pm

Oopdate.

Added some topicals for day and night.

In the morning i use benzoil peroxyde 4% , thin layer all over my face , followed by Uriage Yseac Restructuring Cream ( or something like that). I use the Uriage thingy because the BP dries my face a lot and I tend to flake. Again , im using the restructuring cream in a thin layer aswell ,because when I tried a thick layer it was all shiny and oily and stuff.

In the evening I use skinoren CREAM , emphasizing that because there is also a GEL . I was using the gel when I was on antibiotics , and a bit after too , but the itchyness was just unbearable . The cream doesnt itch that much ( about 5-10 times less than the gel) , so yeah I got that going for me , which is nice.

About accutane , I'm still on 20 mg , I will pay another visit to both my derms the next week , see if they up me again. My face is ok right now , still a lot of marks , 1 cyst and 1 small zit is all I can really see , but the marks make it look horrible and red.

Can't post a picture right now , i'll post one next week maybe.

P.S : If a moderator could move this thread to Accutane Logs subforum that would be great.

P.P.S: If you guys could comment SOMETHING on this damn post that would be great. It feels like I'm talking to myself. Just talk about some random shit. Anything , literally anything.

MemberMember
(@looking2thefuture)

Posted : 02/24/2014 1:30 pm

Keep going man you look like your improving alot. Ive suffered from mild to moderate acne for ten years now and im seriously thinking about going on the tane and i really appreciate everyone who has the guts to put pictures up and share there stories

MemberMember
(@tmccoy)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:18 pm

From your last pictures post, It looks like you are def improving. I am staring accurate tomorrow and I'm excited and scared at the same time. Keep going and thanks for sharing! It's really helpful!

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 03/10/2014 3:30 pm

Herro herro , time for an update.

Basically 20 mg didnt do enough , so I upped to 30 about a week ago , still no side effects maybe a really really mild back pain in the morning , but that's it. On the other hand , I'm making all kinds of gainz in the gym so I got that going for me , which is nice. I encourage you to comment and share something with me , maybe ask something , whatever you feel like doing.

Heeere's the picture . bye bye

post-367744-0-65020600-1394483443.jpg

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 04/02/2014 11:45 am

Back with an update...

Breakouts are smaller and smaller , but stil breaking out. That's kind of it I guess , as for side effects , some rashes have started appearing on my arms and hands , but I don't know if it's from roaccutane or something else.

Here's the photo , although lighting is reaaallly in my favor.

post-367744-0-85988800-1396457159.jpg

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/03/2014 12:26 am

Looks like you're having some improvement. Rashes are a relatively common side effect of accutane. I know it's a little late, but there have been some studies looking at the minimization of accutane side effect, particularly using vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin C. 2000iu, 1200iu, and 1g respectively, I believe. It might be worth investing in, just in case some other accutane side effects might be lurking in the background but have not yet presented.

Also, while you're on accutane, you could take a quick look at your diet. Two weeks of strict paleo (with a little bit of white rice) could give you lots of improvement, and maybe heal some scars. Chicken vegetable bone broth soups are great for skin.

Finally, I'm sure you're doing this, but accutane needs to be taken with a fatty meal.

MemberMember
(@xxlufcxx)

Posted : 04/11/2014 1:52 pm

dude your skin looks great :) i'm really suprised you're still on 30mg tbh, because i'm only 14 with mild acne and my derm started me on 40mg... weird i suppose. anyway yeah it's pretty much downhill from here, you should starting seeing improvements in the next weeks or so. stay strong man.

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 08/09/2014 1:21 pm

Awhhhhh shiiiiieeeeet boys. I'm really sorry for not updating this since april or so , but that's when i really started improving and i stopped having much interest in this.

I am basically acne free right now , this is my seventh month of roaccutane i think , i'm still taking it for 2 more months , 10 mg every 2 days and it's looking goood as you can see.

I encourage anyone who wants to get rid of their acne , this has been a great product.Despite the initial breakout , which was HORRIBLE , you really do get "cured" of this shitty social-life-killing disease , and it's worth it in the end.

The bumps that you are seeing are actually holes , marks , from the old pimples. I am currently working on them with 2 creams , Hepathrombin and Skinoren , and after i am done with accutane i will prolly do some other more invasive ( i'd say) treatments like facial peeling or whatever my dermatologist says.

Have a great one!!!

post-367744-0-58268700-1407608238.jpg

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 08/10/2014 4:38 pm

Awesome improvement! Did you stay on 30mg for the last few months?

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 08/12/2014 5:51 am

I've only been on 30mg 1 month , then 1 or 2 months ( i dont remember) on 20mg , then 1 month on 10mg every day , and now i got 2 months of 10mg every 2 days.

MemberMember
(@chew1e)

Posted : 11/22/2014 2:58 am

bump so people can get some motivation!!