Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ijustcantstoppicking

my advice on best "coverup" situations, makeup

hi, ive never been on here before. but i do have a huge problem. i have acne dysmorhia and been dealing with it for a part of my whole life. i also am into cosmetology mainly due to the fact. of the amount of time i would spend on doing my makeup in order to "achieve" a flawless look. plus i got the touch biggrin.gif

i like to use proactive. ive been havin laser treatments and other stuff recently for my skin. its way bad, i would always have sores from picking. or big pimples that never go away and hurt so much

this is what i do in order of course.... cool.gif

- after clean face toner is always good, helps tighten pores.

- next apply a lotion that will obsorb well on the skin to maintain an even smoothness. right now im using OLAY TOTAL EFFECTS 7x. anti aging even thou im 23 it helps minimize "makeup" crease lines etc.

water based is always good too. never do oily lotions even if u have dry skin. u should want your face to feel slightly refreshed. because all of this makes the makeup go on smooth. even if your face isnt!!!

- for foundation i use PRESCRIPTIVES "TRACELESS SKIN RESPONSIVE TINT".

it gives my face an even all throughout color. since its very light feeling i avoid the makeup "cakeup" face. i used to use the heavier foundations and it would feel and look like a mask.

i also use a foundation brush - or u could use a sponge. helps apply the makeup without having to touch your skin! touch = bacteria = dirty face!!!

- next i use PRESCRIPTIVES "CAMOUFLAGE CREAM". obviously my conceler. i love it and cant live without it!!!

* USING A CONCEALER BRUSH HELPS AVOID TOUCHING THE "PROBLEM AREAS" AND ALSO PROVIDES EXCELLENT USE OF FINE DETAIL IN COVERING.

doing the foundation first helps u achieve an all over color. also hopefully covering the blemishes too. any imperfections that are left over. are covered with the concealer. less is more im serious!!!

- after i conceal and cover my face, i use PRESCRIPTIVES "MAGIC" TRANSPARENT

LOOSE LIQUID POWDER. using a big powder brush to cover up. i like loose powder because it can be applied more freely on the skin.

also since its translucent it is able to adjust to lighting differently appearing as if u have very little on. while still covering and setting the foundation/concealer underneath.

then i do eyemakeup and stuff lol.gif

- for my blush i like to use a loose powder bronzer with a brush that i can dust on. it gives more of a tanned appeal which complements the skin. verses a certain blush color. but either way its cool.

* if u have actually read to this point, im stoked! smile.gif

for about 10 years ive been perfecting my deal makeup wise. it has been alot of trial and error.

* i use prescriptives for all of my face makeup because their line seriously, has every skin tone in the world basically. their line is also mainly concentrated on face products too. i buy it at a counter at nordstroms.

* face makeup is the only makeup product i buy thats costly. because the appearence of my face means alot too me. spending vast amounts of time trying to make it look perfect. for the color tone, makeup lines, any coverage, etc.

i really hope the info i give helps anyone that is struggling to be beautiful =)

i have had really bad skin problems and would struggle to just achieve a "normal" appearance. so if this is u!!!! it has helped work for me. thanks for reading my story, sorry for any typo errors present. ***

hi,  ive never been on here before.  but i do have a huge problem.  i have acne dysmorhia and been dealing with it for a part of my whole life.  i also am into cosmetology mainly due to the fact.  of the amount of time i would spend on doing my makeup in order to "achieve" a flawless look.  plus i got the touch  biggrin.gif

i like to use proactive.  ive been havin laser treatments and other stuff recently for my skin.  its way bad, i would always have sores from picking.  or big pimples that never go away and hurt so much

this is what i do in order of course....  cool.gif

- after clean face toner is always good, helps tighten pores.

- next apply a lotion that will obsorb well on the skin to maintain an even smoothness.  right now im using  OLAY TOTAL EFFECTS 7x.  anti aging even thou im 23 it helps minimize "makeup" crease lines etc.

water based is always good too. never do oily lotions even if u have dry skin.  u should want your face to feel slightly refreshed.  because all of this makes the makeup go on smooth.  even if your face isnt!!!

- for foundation i use PRESCRIPTIVES "TRACELESS SKIN RESPONSIVE TINT".

it gives my face an even all throughout color.  since its very light feeling i avoid the makeup "cakeup" face.  i used to use the heavier foundations and it would feel and look like a mask.

i also use a foundation brush - or u could use a sponge.  helps apply the makeup without having to touch your skin!  touch = bacteria = dirty face!!!

- next i use PRESCRIPTIVES "CAMOUFLAGE CREAM".  obviously my conceler.  i love it and cant live without it!!! 

* USING A CONCEALER BRUSH HELPS AVOID TOUCHING THE "PROBLEM AREAS" AND ALSO PROVIDES EXCELLENT USE OF FINE DETAIL IN COVERING.

doing the foundation first helps u achieve an all over color.  also hopefully covering the blemishes too.  any imperfections that are left over.  are covered with the concealer.  less is more im serious!!! 

- after i conceal and cover my face, i use PRESCRIPTIVES "MAGIC" TRANSPARENT

LOOSE LIQUID POWDER.  using a big powder brush to cover up.  i like loose powder because it can be applied more freely on the skin.

also since its translucent it is able to adjust to lighting differently appearing as if u have very little on.  while still covering and setting the foundation/concealer underneath.

then i do eyemakeup and stuff  lol.gif

- for my blush i like to use a loose powder bronzer with a brush that i can dust on.  it gives more of a tanned appeal which complements the skin.  verses a certain blush color.  but either way its cool.

* if u have actually read to this point, im stoked!    smile.gif

for about 10 years ive been perfecting my deal makeup wise.  it has been alot of trial and error. 

* i use prescriptives for all of my face makeup because their line seriously, has every skin tone in the world basically.  their line is also mainly concentrated on face products too.  i buy it at a counter at nordstroms.

* face makeup is the only makeup product i buy thats costly.  because the appearence of my face means alot too me.  spending vast amounts of time trying to make it look perfect.  for the color tone, makeup lines, any coverage, etc.

i really hope the info i give helps anyone that is struggling to be beautiful =)

i have had really bad skin problems and would struggle to just achieve a "normal" appearance.  so if this is u!!!!  it has helped work for me.  thanks for reading my story, sorry for any typo errors present. ***