Notifications
Clear all

Any Long-Term Adverse Effect From Multiple Laser Treatments?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/25/2013 12:59 am

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 12/25/2013 10:29 am

They mainly do the 1-2 month spacing so you're not red for 6 months each time. You can do 3 treatments in 3 months and be red for 9 months total, or do 3 treatments in 18 months and be red for 24 months. Of course, it's probably better to wait the 6 months though- but as far as I know, it's fairly safe to do then in 6-8 week intervals.

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 12/25/2013 1:55 pm

I think most people (myself included) don't wait to get another treatment because we hate our scars! However, the side effects can be more redness and hyperpigmentation. But I think if you ask the majority of people with scars, they would tell you they would do anything to get rid of them and red skin is not a big deal compared to have pits in your face.

Anytime you do a lot of treatments, the skin does thin. This makes you more susceptible to getting redness and possible hyperpigmentation. This is all temporary and will fade. I have done a lot of lasers (fraxel restore, smooth touch, C02, erbium) and after doing so many my skin would get redder easier. But once again, I rather deal with that than have scarred skin. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/26/2013 1:04 am

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 12/26/2013 7:09 am

Well I got my first Re:pair in 2008 and I have had no problems. As you can tell by my signature I have had 5 Re:pairs at maximum settings. I spaced mine out pretty well. I would suggest the fall or winter for treatments to minimize sun exposure.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/26/2013 5:55 pm

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 12/27/2013 6:54 am

I am probably sitting at 80%. The only difference I can tell is a very slight tightness across the upper cheek area, and then only when I think about it. It actually is a good feeling. I have no problem with the sun.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 12/27/2013 11:13 am

I have had 7 re:stores at high settings and seen no impact. I started out with thin skin, accutane must have also thinned my skin in 2009, but right now my skin has no problems (other than "mild" acne scars and redness).

In fact tight and thin skin is good, that is the look that models have, defined features and tight cheekbones + jaws are considered attractive.