Notifications
Clear all

First Time User 26/f

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 12/24/2013 12:44 am

After struggling with moderate acne for nearly 11 years and severe acne for the last 5 months it was time to start Accutane. It got to the point where I walked into my dermatologist's office, she took one quick look at me from across the room and said, "Yep, let's get you started on Accutane." I knew at that point it was my only option, as like the rest of you I have been on tons of different antibiotics and topical ointments to help with my acne and it has either harmed, done nothing, or helped slightly and for a limited time. So I really wanted to start this log for anyone out there who is really struggling with acne and the decision to start Accutane because it is a big one.

First off, if your acne is severe and it is causing serious depression (not eating, sleeping, or doing anything at all that you once enjoyed) it's worth thinking about. I was so depressed that I didn't eat anything really (like 0-100 calories a day) for about a month and lost 15 pounds in two weeks, and I LOVE food smile.png so it was very uncharacteristic. I was so miserable I barely left my house and would cry multiple times a day. The bathroom was my worst nightmare and I would have have rather ripped my own hair out than get ready each day for work. I cried every single time I saw a glimpse of myself in any mirror. I avoided grocery shopping for 4 months, my poor husband had to run all of my errands for me because I couldn't bare to leave the house. Once I started taking YAZ and Bactrim (after about a month of both) I started to see a real improvement. But I know that I will eventually need to stop the YAZ when I am ready to start a family and I can't be on Bactrim for very long. Accutane was my only option and even though it was a long process to get started I know in the end it will be worth it. Tonight I took my very first Accutane pill and hope to do updates as often as possible, but I really just want to provide some comfort to anyone who is in the same spot as me and can hopefully show improvement overtime. Please stay strong and know that it will pass. Also if anyone has any questions at all please feel free to comment or ask away! I found other Accutane logs very helpful when I was thinking about trying it and also when I was waiting my 30 day pregnancy test wait. I loved reading about the success others have had on it and hoping I can have the same results. I also really appreciated learning about the side effects to expect and help with products to use. I was using the Proactiv system but am switching to the CeraVa Foaming Cleanser and moisturizer this week per my Derm, and am also quitting the Bactrim today.

Thanks to anyone who reads this, I hope I can be helpful to someone out there smile.png Hopefully things get better, but I am prepared for an initial breakout and I know I am going to have to just be patient, so here goes!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/25/2013 1:51 am

After struggling with moderate acne for nearly 11 years and severe acne for the last 5 months it was time to start Accutane. It got to the point where I walked into my dermatologist's office, she took one quick look at me from across the room and said, "Yep, let's get you started on Accutane." I knew at that point it was my only option, as like the rest of you I have been on tons of different antibiotics and topical ointments to help with my acne and it has either harmed, done nothing, or helped slightly and for a limited time. So I really wanted to start this log for anyone out there who is really struggling with acne and the decision to start Accutane because it is a big one.

First off, if your acne is severe and it is causing serious depression (not eating, sleeping, or doing anything at all that you once enjoyed) it's worth thinking about. I was so depressed that I didn't eat anything really (like 0-100 calories a day) for about a month and lost 15 pounds in two weeks, and I LOVE food :) so it was very uncharacteristic. I was so miserable I barely left my house and would cry multiple times a day. The bathroom was my worst nightmare and I would have have rather ripped my own hair out than get ready each day for work. I cried every single time I saw a glimpse of myself in any mirror. I avoided grocery shopping for 4 months, my poor husband had to run all of my errands for me because I couldn't bare to leave the house. Once I started taking YAZ and Bactrim (after about a month of both) I started to see a real improvement. But I know that I will eventually need to stop the YAZ when I am ready to start a family and I can't be on Bactrim for very long. Accutane was my only option and even though it was a long process to get started I know in the end it will be worth it. Tonight I took my very first Accutane pill and hope to do updates as often as possible, but I really just want to provide some comfort to anyone who is in the same spot as me and can hopefully show improvement overtime. Please stay strong and know that it will pass. Also if anyone has any questions at all please feel free to comment or ask away! I found other Accutane logs very helpful when I was thinking about trying it and also when I was waiting my 30 day pregnancy test wait. I loved reading about the success others have had on it and hoping I can have the same results. I also really appreciated learning about the side effects to expect and help with products to use. I was using the Proactiv system but am switching to the CeraVa Foaming Cleanser and moisturizer this week per my Derm, and am also quitting the Bactrim today.

Thanks to anyone who reads this, I hope I can be helpful to someone out there :) Hopefully things get better, but I am prepared for an initial breakout and I know I am going to have to just be patient, so here goes!

Merry Xmas!

I just picked up my first pack of absorica (accutane) a few hours ago! I'm excited to start, but I'm taking the advice of another poster and giving myself a couple days before I take it so that I have a cushion in case I-pledge decides to screw me. I also figure I might imbibe a little over Christmas, so it might be good to hold off until after thr Xmas holiday. I am not looking forward to a dry New Years though! :(

I'll be posting a log with pictures too. On my first day, which will be the 26th. Right now as I type I have a heating pad on a particularly angry throbbing nodule/cyst thing :( hopefully the IB won't be much worse than this. Anyhow, good luck!

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 12/25/2013 4:21 pm

Yay we are going to be accutane twins the whole time, it will be so nice to have someone to share the experience with! I didn't even think about New Years! That is going to suuuuck! Haha it was a good idea to wait, Christmas is tough without a nice glass of wine wink.png so far so good though! I've had a dull headache and dry eyes but it seems like it's too soon to be a real side effect, although I am on a really high dose for my weight, which I'm actually happy about. It's time for me to wipe these lil bastards away! I'm about 120 lbs and am taking 30mg twice a day, seems like a lot to me? But my Derm is amazing so I trust her completely! I have a few painful cysts right now too which makes me all the more excited to finally get thus drug in my system. Let me know when you have photos and a log! I will be a faithful follower smile.png Good luck tomorrow and congrats! Also Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/26/2013 2:33 pm

Yay we are going to be accutane twins the whole time, it will be so nice to have someone to share the experience with! I didn't even think about New Years! That is going to suuuuck! Haha it was a good idea to wait, Christmas is tough without a nice glass of wine ;) so far so good though! I've had a dull headache and dry eyes but it seems like it's too soon to be a real side effect, although I am on a really high dose for my weight, which I'm actually happy about. It's time for me to wipe these lil bastards away! I'm about 120 lbs and am taking 30mg twice a day, seems like a lot to me? But my Derm is amazing so I trust her completely! I have a few painful cysts right now too which makes me all the more excited to finally get thus drug in my system. Let me know when you have photos and a log! I will be a faithful follower :) Good luck tomorrow and congrats! Also Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Yeah, I weigh about 120 and be started me on 40! Eek! :-/ He prescribed me an antibiotic with it, so he said the IB won't be as bad. Well, His words were "You might get a flare-up, but it probably won't be as bad as you think it will be"...uh...what?! Lol. Anyway, I'm starting tonight and I'll post before pics and write my log as soon as I get to my computer (the tablet is not an easy thing to type with). I hope you had a merry Xmas!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/28/2013 2:58 pm

How's it going? Any new news on the 'Tane front?

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 12/28/2013 6:13 pm

How's it going? Any new news on the 'Tane front?

So far so good! I am on day 6 and haven't had ANY issues with an IB thank goodness, but have REALLY dry eyes. That is at this point the only side effect I'm really having and with dry eyes comes a dull obnoxious headache. Some good eye drops solve the problem pretty easily though. Otherwise things are easy and I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't had any dry skin at all! I feel like it's still a bit early, and that I know dry skin and outbreaks are going to happen..... sometime soon, but I'm prepared and ready to go! I'm just so happy and grateful to be on Accutane that I don't even care!! I have been using CeraVa moisturizer which is really thick and heavy and I feel like it's keeping the dry skin at bay. It's a wonderful moisturizer if anyone is looking for one, especially to use at night before bed because it really does cake on your skin. No real improvements with my skin, but just no new acne and the old acne just continues to heal and lighten so I'm pretty happy! Megtree how are things going for you!?

MemberMember
(@alexzero2014)

Posted : 12/28/2013 6:49 pm

I hope everything goes well! can't wait to see the results

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 12/28/2013 11:21 pm

I hope everything goes well! can't wait to see the results

Thank you so much Alex! I can't wait either!!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/29/2013 12:20 am

I'm only on my third day, so my expectations in terms of side effects are kind of low, but so far, so good! My lips or face are not dryer than normal, but my eyes are BURNING! It feels like little needles on the insides of my eyes! What kind of eye drops do you use?

My skin doesn't do so well with Cerave, so I'm using Aveeno Positively Radiant night cream at night and Vichy 50+ Capital Soleil cream for sensitive skin in the morning. I have noticed a couple of small whiteheads pop up on my chin, which is odd because I haven't had a real white-head in AGES. Anything I get turns into a big ole cyst or a nodule now- so it's kind of like my skin is rewinding, if that makes sense? I'm not sure what to think of this new development, but I'm optimistic. I'm also on azythromicin (Z-pack), so I'm dreading a little bit what is going to happen when after I'm done with that if I'm already seeing a little IB, but...we'll see!

Also- I'm noticing some weird sleep patterns already...how are your dreams? Since the first night, I've been having these crazy vivid realistic dreams...I wonder if that's a side-effect...or...can someone say...placebo? Anyhoo- I'm really glad to hear you're happy! Just think...in 5 or 6 months, we'll probably be clear! :DDD

MemberMember
(@petrichor-murmurs)

Posted : 12/30/2013 10:33 am

Emmygirl! Glad to see you have such a positive attitude after feeling so down. I have been through the same thing myself, not daring to even leave the house. But now we are on accutane, and it will work! I refuse any other option. I hope the side effects keep away as far as possible! biggrin.png Eye drops should be included without cost when Accutane is picked up at the pharmacy. And a big box of lip balms.

Also- I'm noticing some weird sleep patterns already...how are your dreams? Since the first night, I've been having these crazy vivid realistic dreams...I wonder if that's a side-effect...or...can someone say...placebo? Anyhoo- I'm really glad to hear you're happy! Just think...in 5 or 6 months, we'll probably be clear! :DDD

MemberMember
(@john-john)

Posted : 12/30/2013 11:21 am

I can definitely relate to the OP on this one. I've had one of the worst, if not the worst, continuous breakouts in the past few months than I ever have since I was like 19. I've been so hesitant to get out and do anything socially. All I can think about is what people will think looking at me. I've always felt I was getting too old to continue getting such severe acne. Yes, I'm still young but I hate dealing with this stuff during this period of my life. Over this pas Christmas I had friends in town that I hadn't seen in over a year. Thankfully I had a little bit of blue sky in the clouds of my breakout and felt confident enough to go out for some beers. I started accutane about 3 months ago. When I went to the first derm appt he didn't even come into the room, he just saw me when he was about to walk in and immediately grabbed some literature about accutane. I've been to a derm twice before over the years and never had it recommended. Maybe it was because I was in the middle of an intense breakout of cytic acne. Good luck to you in your journey, as I am right there with you.

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 12/30/2013 5:41 pm

I'm only on my third day, so my expectations in terms of side effects are kind of low, but so far, so good! My lips or face are not dryer than normal, but my eyes are BURNING! It feels like little needles on the insides of my eyes! What kind of eye drops do you use?

My skin doesn't do so well with Cerave, so I'm using Aveeno Positively Radiant night cream at night and Vichy 50+ Capital Soleil cream for sensitive skin in the morning. I have noticed a couple of small whiteheads pop up on my chin, which is odd because I haven't had a real white-head in AGES. Anything I get turns into a big ole cyst or a nodule now- so it's kind of like my skin is rewinding, if that makes sense? I'm not sure what to think of this new development, but I'm optimistic. I'm also on azythromicin (Z-pack), so I'm dreading a little bit what is going to happen when after I'm done with that if I'm already seeing a little IB, but...we'll see!

I think I spoke too soon! I had one of the worst headaches Saturday night, and actually got a little worried because I felt like my brain was going to explode! HOWEVER I didn't drink coffee that morning and always get caffeine withdrawal headaches, so I have a feeling that contributed a lot to the pain. I have however had this dull headache pain since the first day I started my meds. I will make sure to keep my doctor posted but I think slight headaches are fairly common on Accutane. The dry eyes have been a huge issue for me too Megtree, and have been using both Visine Tired Eye Relief and Abbott's Blink Gel Tears, and to be honest feel like the Visine works the best! I haven't noticed any unusual dreams yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a common side effect. I keep thinking about how soon, we will all have perfect skin. Honestly my brain can't even comprehend the idea of not having ANY acne! I don't even remember the last time I didn't have any... makes me SO happy!

I stopped taking my antibiotic Bactrim the same day I started Accutane and honestly haven't noticed any change or IB which I am very grateful for, but it has only been a week. Hopefully when you quit the antibiotic you won't even notice :)

Emmygirl! Glad to see you have such a positive attitude after feeling so down. I have been through the same thing myself, not daring to even leave the house. But now we are on accutane, and it will work! I refuse any other option. I hope the side effects keep away as far as possible! biggrin.png Eye drops should be included without cost when Accutane is picked up at the pharmacy. And a big box of lip balms.

This happens to me too, usually whenever I go through, or am about to go through, something big. It's weeeeird, but I kinda like it. Have not had any yet while on accutane, so hoping for some soon. They are usually quite relaxing. Hope your accutane cure treats you well!

Wouldn't that be so nice if they just handed you a nice goody bag with all the things that are a MUST! We pay enough for the medication (those of us trapped in the US healthcare system), it should totally be included! Haha.

I can definitely relate to the OP on this one. I've had one of the worst, if not the worst, continuous breakouts in the past few months than I ever have since I was like 19. I've been so hesitant to get out and do anything socially. All I can think about is what people will think looking at me. I've always felt I was getting too old to continue getting such severe acne. Yes, I'm still young but I hate dealing with this stuff during this period of my life. Over this pas Christmas I had friends in town that I hadn't seen in over a year. Thankfully I had a little bit of blue sky in the clouds of my breakout and felt confident enough to go out for some beers. I started accutane about 3 months ago. When I went to the first derm appt he didn't even come into the room, he just saw me when he was about to walk in and immediately grabbed some literature about accutane. I've been to a derm twice before over the years and never had it recommended. Maybe it was because I was in the middle of an intense breakout of cytic acne. Good luck to you in your journey, as I am right there with you.

It was really heartbreaking and embarrassing to have the doctor not even look at me close up! I knew it was BAD at that point. But I guess also grateful because obviously it was time huh? I'm so glad you got a break for Christmas, sometimes one break can make all the difference. Your attitude and anxiety change and suddenly your on a much healthier path. That was how Thanksgiving was for me. I had one week where things started to heal up the tiniest bit and that was enough for me to go from severely depressed to pretty happy. Isn't it madness how much acne effects us! I was a totally different person!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/30/2013 11:43 pm

I think I spoke too soon! I had one of the worst headaches Saturday night, and actually got a little worried because I felt like my brain was going to explode! HOWEVER I didn't drink coffee that morning and always get caffeine withdrawal headaches, so I have a feeling that contributed a lot to the pain. I have however had this dull headache pain since the first day I started my meds. I will make sure to keep my doctor posted but I think slight headaches are fairly common on Accutane. The dry eyes have been a huge issue for me too Megtree, and have been using both Visine Tired Eye Relief and Abbott's Blink Gel Tears, and to be honest feel like the Visine works the best! I haven't noticed any unusual dreams yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a common side effect. I keep thinking about how soon, we will all have perfect skin. Honestly my brain can't even comprehend the idea of not having ANY acne! I don't even remember the last time I didn't have any... makes me SO happy!

I stopped taking my antibiotic Bactrim the same day I started Accutane and honestly haven't noticed any change or IB which I am very grateful for, but it has only been a week. Hopefully when you quit the antibiotic you won't even notice :)

Emmygirl! Glad to see you have such a positive attitude after feeling so down. I have been through the same thing myself, not daring to even leave the house. But now we are on accutane, and it will work! I refuse any other option. I hope the side effects keep away as far as possible! :D Eye drops should be included without cost when Accutane is picked up at the pharmacy. And a big box of lip balms.

This happens to me too, usually whenever I go through, or am about to go through, something big. It's weeeeird, but I kinda like it. Have not had any yet while on accutane, so hoping for some soon. They are usually quite relaxing. Hope your accutane cure treats you well!

Wouldn't that be so nice if they just handed you a nice goody bag with all the things that are a MUST! We pay enough for the medication (those of us trapped in the US healthcare system), it should totally be included! Haha.

It was really heartbreaking and embarrassing to have the doctor not even look at me close up! I knew it was BAD at that point. But I guess also grateful because obviously it was time huh? I'm so glad you got a break for Christmas, sometimes one break can make all the difference. Your attitude and anxiety change and suddenly your on a much healthier path. That was how Thanksgiving was for me. I had one week where things started to heal up the tiniest bit and that was enough for me to go from severely depressed to pretty happy. Isn't it madness how much acne effects us! I was a totally different person!

Emmygirl- every derm I have been to has "diagnosed" me from far away. Sometimes I just want to say "uh...can you put those goggles on and just *pretend* to look at my skin?!?" But anyway, it's funny you mentioned the headache, I had the same thing happen yesterday, to the point where I was in bed all day! It finally let up in the evening, after I took my next dose, funnily enough. Im gonna update my log with the details, but I was thinking it might be caffeine too, cause today I had my normal coffee fix, and I was fine! Weeeeiiirrrrd....

MemberMember
(@lovelouisv)

Posted : 01/02/2014 10:17 pm

Hey lady!! Just read your whole log - so happy you started!!! I subscribed of course...looking forward to seeing how you progress!! Best of luck :)

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 01/02/2014 11:57 pm

I stopped taking my antibiotic Bactrim the same day I started Accutane and honestly haven't noticed any change or IB which I am very grateful for, but it has only been a week. Hopefully when you quit the antibiotic you won't even notice smile.png

Emmygirl- every derm I have been to has "diagnosed" me from far away. Sometimes I just want to say "uh...can you put those goggles on and just *pretend* to look at my skin?!?" But anyway, it's funny you mentioned the headache, I had the same thing happen yesterday, to the point where I was in bed all day! It finally let up in the evening, after I took my next dose, funnily enough. Im gonna update my log with the details, but I was thinking it might be caffeine too, cause today I had my normal coffee fix, and I was fine! Weeeeiiirrrrd....

That IS weird! I hate that I am that dependent on Caffeine, but I just LOVE coffee too much. I haven't forgotten caffeine since and have been fine. :)

Hey lady!! Just read your whole log - so happy you started!!! I subscribed of course...looking forward to seeing how you progress!! Best of luck smile.png

YAY. Thank you so much LoveLouisV! I LOVE reading your log, it has been a lifesaver for me to follow throughout this so far and will continue to be!

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 01/03/2014 12:17 am

Wow! I can't believe I am already at day 11 and things are really going great.....I don't have any complaints, in fact my dry eyes have become less irritating and haven't had to use the eye drops as much. My headaches have completely subsided and I still don't have any dry skin or lip issues, but know it will hit me soon! I'm kind of just enjoying this phase with no new acne at all, no headaches or any side effects really, and very, abnormally soft skin. (Soft skin has been foreign to me for so long now, I don't even feel like it's my face I'm touching anymore!) I honestly think that back in October/November I purged literally every single pore on my face so I don't think I will suffer an awful IB since there isn't any clogged pores left! At least that's what I am hoping ;). Well it's still pretty soon, but absolutely nothing bad to report! Thanks to everyone for the support, I absolutely love having so many others going through this same thing and hearing about individual experiences. It makes this medication so much easier to take and it's really nice to hear others having similar symptoms and side effects. We are all on such a good path and I am so excited to continue to hear success stories for all of you because as we all know acne is so painful, physically, emotionally, and psychologically! I know that we will all be stronger, better people for having struggled and suffered through acne and can always offer support and advice to those we meet who are facing the same painful disease. Acne is so heartbreaking, I find myself looking back at photos of myself and tearing up because it looks so painful and I can see the fear and pain in my eyes and facial expression. It's so sad, but so wonderful to meet such amazing individuals on Acne.org and experience other's success through treatment as well! Good Night all and Happy New Year, it's going to be a really GREAT year watching the acne go away!

MemberMember
(@missanta)

Posted : 01/03/2014 7:05 am

Hi emmygirl, I just read your log! i am happy that someone started accutane the same time as me.. I started on january 1st! Hope it all goes well and i am waiting for more updates from you! cool.png

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 01/04/2014 2:10 am

Hi emmygirl, I just read your log! i am happy that someone started accutane the same time as me.. I started on january 1st! Hope it all goes well and i am waiting for more updates from you! cool.png

Hooray, congratulations on beginning your journey! What a great day to start Accutane, it's the perfect way to start the new year off eh?!

MemberMember
(@missanta)

Posted : 01/04/2014 9:54 am

Hooray, congratulations on beginning your journey! What a great day to start Accutane, it's the perfect way to start the new year off eh?!

Hahah yes! I wanted drink alcohol on new years eve so i started it the night after :P new year, new face, yeyyy!

MemberMember
(@lovelouisv)

Posted : 01/04/2014 10:13 am

Hey emmygirl...just noticed in your signature that you're taking a Vitamin D supplement. While I'm normally not one to advise anyone against taking any supplements, I have read in numerous places that Vitamin D "competes" (for lack of a better term) with Vitamin A, so it might adversely affect the absorption of accutane in your body since isotretinoin is basically super strong Vitamin A. I was actually considering taking that supplement too (I took it pre-'tane and was thinking it might help with the possible joint pain side effects from accutane), but once I read that fact, I decided against it. I didn't want anything to potentially reduce the effects of accutane!! Do your own research/make your own decisions, of course, just FYI! smile.png

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 01/07/2014 7:30 pm

@LoveLouisV Thank you for the tip! I asked my derm about it and she said, "oh it's just fine to take" and "no worries, keep taking it" BUT I actually stopped the first few days mostly because I got tired of trying to keep such a tight medication schedule with the BC and Accutane twice a day. I was taking it for months before I started Accutane and was thinking that was helping with my skin improvement but since I have been off of it, no negative side effects! But it is interesting to hear about how that may compete with Accutane, and that is the last thing I want to be doing. Right now I feel like less is more in terms of things to use in conjunction with Accutane... things like face washes and supplements I love advice like this because to be honest, Dermatologists typically don't elaborate on supplements and I would have had NO idea if I was still taking it, I might be a little upset because for what I am paying for this drug here in the states, I need it to be front and center! wink.png.

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 01/08/2014 9:29 pm

Day 16! Well I'm just over two weeks into my treatment and am starting to notice a very small breakout. I have about four tiny active pimples right now mostly on my chin, but do notice them healing really fast! I also noticed how sensitive my skin was when I tried ever so gently to pop one of those suckers and thought I was tearing my face off, it hurt to just touch my fingernail to my skin. So, lesson learned (popping zits, I've learned this lesson about a bazillion times right?!) but I now know to be super gentle with my face now! I don't really have any other side effects. Kind of dry lips but nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year, slightly dry skin, mild headaches and slightly dry eyes. Honestly though, I wouldn't even think anything of them if I wasn't on Accutane because it is so mild. Not much else to report, kind of an uneventful log thus far, which I am grateful for :)

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 01/09/2014 11:48 pm

Sounds like you're doing great! *high five/fist bump*

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 01/13/2014 9:30 pm

Day 21

Three Weeks Exactly!! I hate to be super boring with my log, but my experience thus far on Accutane is completely uneventful. I did experience a small breakout last week like 3-4 active zits but they all vanished quicker than they showed up, which is unheard of in my experiences with zits, they tend to hang out forever. My scarring and redness have gone down probably 75% since starting my meds and I haven't had hardly any side effects in the last week or so. I did have one small nose bleed, but luckily I was at home and not work when it happened. My lips aren't dry at all, seriously it is crazy to me! My derm gave me this ointment called Vaniply that works like magic if anyone is looking for something to help I think you can get it at any drug store. I also have found that my CeraVa moisturizer keeps my skin super soft and moisturized and I haven't had any issues with dry skin. I have just been obsessively trying to keep on top of things, like caking moisturizer on every morning and night even if I don't feel like I need it, and always putting eye drops in and lip gloss on even when they aren't dry. I feel really fortunate to be having such a positive and hopeful experience so far. It's nice because I have read so many horror stories about Accutane, especially in the first month and want to be able to show people that a lot of the time it's just minor side effects and to not be afraid because you hear a few bad stories. I am also on a pretty hefty dose too so I'm really grateful! That's pretty much it at this point, hang in there everybody!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 01/14/2014 12:58 pm

Yay! I am so glad things are going well for you Emmygirl! I cant believe how fast these weeks are going! I need to look into that vaniply ointment, because I have not been as lucky in the lip department :( I slather on aquafor religiously but they are still peeling. Luckily I haven't had any issues with swelling or pain - I only pray that it stays that way!