Notifications
Clear all

Make Your Own Foundation! (2 Ingredients)

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 12/23/2013 7:47 pm

Hey girls,

I have a suggestion... I don't know if has been brought up, but why not make a DIY foundation?

Start with a base: You can choose arrowroot powder (which is what I use) or cornstarch.

Then to add color: Use cocoa powder. Or turmeric powder (if you have yellow undertones).

But the base is arrowroot or cornstartch, and then for color, you can use whatever (cinnamon...etc) but cocoa is the one that is most used... :D And that I used.

GREAT for acne.

I just put it in my old bare minerals container, and bought myself a new brush. And put my DIY foundation in there. Also, if you just want a transclucent powder (no color), then just use the arrowroot powder. Aaaaaaaaamazing. :D Cheap, and no harsh irritating ingredients!

You can also google this to find alternative recipes. This is just what I use.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@smichelle)

Posted : 04/14/2015 11:46 am

Did the foundation break you out at all? Looking at a mineral powder with arrowroot as it's base..wondering how it might be!

MemberMember
(@giselle1)

Posted : 04/15/2015 10:55 am

:)

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 04/16/2015 10:53 am

Hi - Cinnamon is very irritating on the skin, and can in fact cause burns, especially if it gets into the mucous membranes. Just be careful!

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 04/17/2015 11:23 am

Why would I want to put corn starch on my face? also I think if I put cinnamon or cocoa powder I would look like I was attempting to perform in "blackface". No thanks, I'll pass!