Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kiwi22

Week One on Accutane

I have had acne since I was 13 and I am now 22. I figured since I was almost going to be hitting that 10 year mark maybe I should take the plung and try something that might really work. smile.gif The first three days on accutane I had headaches but that has decreased now but now I have really dry eyes. I feel like even with eye drops I can't get enough moisture to them. Is this normal and will it go away? Also I know dry eyes is not good to have for very long-do many people experience long term side effects from this??

I have had acne since I was 13 and I am now 22.  I figured since I was almost going to be hitting that 10 year mark maybe I should take the plung and try something that might really work. smile.gif  The first three days on accutane I had headaches but that has decreased now but now I have really dry eyes.  I feel like even with eye drops I can't get enough moisture to them.  Is this normal and will it go away?  Also I know dry eyes is not good to have for very long-do many people experience long term side effects from this??

hey, r u from nz??i am but cant find any new zealand roaccutane sites so i use this. i had a headaches and dry eyes when i first started however the both subsided quite noticable after bout 3 weeks

yeh kinda coz of lack of moisture, especially if u hav been staring at a computer screen for too long. i found it was hard to focus with dry eyes, and when u went to rub the eyes it hurt coz they were so dry..

No Meh I am not from NZ.... I have been there though and it sure is a beautiful place! smile.gif Anyone wear contacts because the time in a day I can wear them without my eyes getting irritated is less and less. Guess it's back to the ol glasses again. Sigh......

There's dry eye visine it has special tear electrolyte shitz that keep your eyes from drying up too much wink.gif and if you wear contancts make sure you don't sleep with em...you'll get a bloodshot eye for a couple days that hurts and if u do wear contacts make sure you get a good solution one, I got one that was dry protections thing its good wink.gif. GL

Your eyes can dry out over night and actually stick to your eyelids. You might want to visit your optometrist and have them write a subscription for eye drops. I have to wear my glasses now instead of contacts.