Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
msgingersweetie

Bp causes current pimples to be red?

Hi, I have been on the regimen for a while and it has worked great. What is concerning me is that recently I got a few small/inflamed bumps on my chin area and they seem to just get more irritated and red the more BP I put on them. Could it be the BP that's making them worse? I was wondering if anyone else feels that BP is great at preventing acne but sometimes causes too much irritation to the ones that are already there? The weird thing is these bumps aren't really that raised from teh skin but they are very red, small, and little painful. Can anyone give me any ideas of what I can do about this? Thanks!

Some side effects of BP is that it causes irritation and redness. SA helps with redness.

well just the act of washing your face will irritate your skin and thus making your blemishes more red..it should go down in about 20 minutes afterward though.

a lot of people on the reg experience old marks that have a red appearance and take a while to heal, so i dont know if thats what you mean..

I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes I'll have a bump that only becomes more red and irritated with BP and doesn't go away as opposed to the BP shrinking the bump. Does anyone else have this experience?

Bp really doesnt have much of an effect on any acne on your face...its a preventive countermeasure against future breakouts..

SA will help with current acne, but Bp will help against future breakouts...it dries your face like no other...thats why the pimples become red..