Notifications
Clear all

Old Redish Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@shocksl)

Posted : 12/20/2013 5:37 pm

Throughout my teeange years I had quite bad acne. So naturally I am left the with reish scars on the sides of my face. everytime I see my face in the reflection I can see them :(

I dont get acne anymore, unless if i put some oily moisturiser or anything oily on my face with strong fragrance, I'd breakout with pimples.

So is there anything I can use to get rid of these redish scars??

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 12/20/2013 9:22 pm

Dude. That's basically the entire basis of this forum. We can't just go to the doc and get perscriped a cream to fix this so we discuss possible treatments/regimens to get X% improvement. It's sort of pathetic how that is the state of things but what are you gonna do.

Treatments: IPL, V-beam, peels (lactic, tca, maybe vitalize).

Regimens: Exfoliation (bb method), meladerm?? (double question mark because I've only seen one testimony, without pics, that said it worked), AHA toner, aloe vera (not likely, although I am trying it). Copper peptides is also something to look into; everyone seems to be doing it. I have no idea how that speaks for validity though.

Of course the usual "eat well, exercise, 1gal H2O per day" stuff that everyone knows doesn't really do a whole lot still applies. Oh, and if you have a real redness problem, I shouldn't have to tell you SUN SCREEN (very important) every time you're out and about. Reapply every 2hrs.

BS Topicals (confirmed from several sources, look it up for yourself):

Retin A - DO NOT let anyone/any doc talk you into this. It's bad news - breakouts and no improvement in redness.

Hydroquinone - Have yet to see multiple legitimate sources claiming it actually helped

Of course you then have the home remedies like Apple Cider Vinegar, lemon juice, oatmeal masks etc. Try them if you enjoy wasting your time.

MemberMember
(@numan)

Posted : 12/21/2013 10:39 am

Tretinion (retin A) has a very case-by-case basis evaluation. I personally have a good experience with it and I regret not starting earlier. My jawline was littered with whiteheads and after a month's time it is smooth as a baby's bottom- shame that the rest of my cheeks is now littered with scars and open pores because I didn't start during my highschool years. Oh well. I am a strong advocate of tretinion, reserved treatment and patience.

Anyhow, that aside, I suggest that you allow your skin to rest. Just wash and moisturize everyday, take multivitamin supplements if needed. I'm not saying that this will completely fade your redness in a day or two, but I think I regret not treating my skin more gently before this, leaving me with larger pores than I can ask for and my skin used to look very dry and tired. Please do not worry too much about it for now, alright? Rest assured, many of us have freaked out once or twice, which is completely fine, but if the redness bothers you, consider getting non-comedogenic make up for now.

And sunscreen, as aforementioned, is very very important because sunlight irritates your skin more than you can imagine. Keep your head cool! Remember, anything cosmetic can be fixed eventually, but life is to be enjoyed to its fullest <=)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/21/2013 11:25 am

im having great results with retin a , it makes you break out because its purging acne from under your skin out so its doing a good job my face is smooth and getting more better each time i use it and the breakouts are only like little pimples that go away when u wash your face

MemberMember
(@shocksl)

Posted : 12/21/2013 3:52 pm

thanks you sooo much guys for the advice , information and encourgament. It goes along way :)

I rarely get acne now. Only if I apply any type oil based moisturiser or with a strong fragrance, I breakout with a few pimples.

So judging by the above. i think I should give retina A a go? seen as ive already got some at home, which ive never used. what will the retina cream actually do? whats the purpose of it?

I might invest in some clear and simple face wash for morning washes. Also would it be worth trying lactic or glycogen peal?

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 12/21/2013 8:17 pm

The above advice is good. Stressing that you should wear a high SPF sunscreen every day, no exceptions. Yes, indoors too. UVA penetrates glass. The skin produces melanin on exposure to sunlight, hypermigmentation is just an increase in melanin in a particular spot, without protection they're stubborn as heck.