Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben16

When to take zinc? Before or after a meal?

Just got my zinc capsules...30 mb each...should i take 2 a day before or after a meal? Thanks

actually a male man can take up to 100mg a day

it's recommended to be taken with an empty stomach at night because of several factors. Sorry for my poor english

actually a male man can take up to 100mg a day

it's recommended to be taken with an empty stomach at night because of several factors. Sorry for my poor english

i took 30mg for a month, then i noticed it helped clear half my forehead.. i started taking 90mg and i started clearing more.. u lose zinc everyday.. at any time u should have between 60- 90 for good acne treating if ur a guy

i'm female, and i just bought some zinc today. it's 50 mg (that's all we could find because we were in a hurry), and i didn't buy any multi-vitamins. is that okay or should i really try to get some multi-vitamins? also, would centrum a to zinc be okay for that? thanks.

Hi, just make sure you get some copper, you can take zinc by it's self for a month or so, just don't do it in the long run. If you are taking birth control take two 50mg tablets a day, bc has a lot of copper.

I'm thinking of buying zinc and taking 30-50mg per day along with my other vitamins...

excerpt from http://www.ehow.com/how_3955_absorb-zinc-supplements.html

Zinc is an important mineral, essential for the health of your reproductive organs and for cellular function. It also helps strengthen your immune system and prevent acne, and is necessary for the function of a number of enzymes.

Steps:

1. Take a zinc supplement in the form of zinc picolinate - it is considered the best.

2. Take zinc separately from other minerals, especially iron, copper, manganese and calcium. They may interfere with zinc absorption.

3. Check the quality of your tap water. Hard water can upset zinc levels.

4. Assess the amount of grains and legumes that you eat. They contain a substance called phytate, which binds with zinc and prevents absorption.

5. Speak with your doctor if you have kidney disease, chronic diarrhea, diabetes or liver disease. You may need additional zinc supplements.

6. Assess how much fiber you consume. High fiber can cause zinc to be excreted from your body.

Tips: Foods high in zinc include egg yolks, fish, kelp, mushrooms, oysters, soy lecithin, soybeans and lima beans.

Warnings: Do not take more than 100mg per day, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. High doses can depress the immune system and lead to side effects such as nausea, vomiting and dizziness. If you are taking prescription medicine, check with your doctor or pharmacist before adding supplements to your diet.

So, I've been taking opti zinc for more than 3 weeks now and it doesn't seem to be helping but then again, I heard that it takes 1-2 months to see the results.I'm not sure whether I'm taking it correctly, I take one pill after a meal, at different times.I always had two pills by the end of the day but maybe the effect is not as strong because I'm taking it at different times or maybe because I'm taking it after a meal instead of before or during.Any hylp on this is really appreciated.

Yeah I managed to pick up a Zinc supplement last week which has copper in it. It is 'High Strength Amino Acid Chelated Zinc 15mg with 0.75mg copper.

Is Chelated form of Zinc ok?

Also a big DOH! I have been taking this at the same time as I have been taking my Calcium + Magnesium supplement which contains C=500mg M=250.

So this is probably stopping the Zinc absorbing into my system.

Is Magnesium ok for acne?

Thx.