Notifications
Clear all

Suicide/Accutane

MemberMember
(@only_i_know)

Posted : 10/22/2004 1:28 pm

Everyone has something in their life to be depressed about. Acne for one can be incredibly harsh to the self-esteem. So, do you think accutane leads to suicide or is it based on the person's past/disfiguring face?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/22/2004 2:47 pm

I believe that people who take accutane and commit suicide are people who are upset because the "all powerful drug" is not working for them. So they lose all hope and choose to end their lives.

MemberMember
(@realangel)

Posted : 10/22/2004 2:56 pm

I believe that people who take accutane and commit suicide are people who are upset because the "all powerful drug" is not working for them. So they lose all hope and choose to end their lives.

MemberMember
(@ungj85)

Posted : 10/22/2004 3:18 pm

I'd like to drop a particular experience to everyone. One time I felt spontaneously depressed for no reason. I wasn't to the point of harming myself though. Just really really sad for no real reason. Weird.

MemberMember
(@ravenblack)

Posted : 10/23/2004 1:43 am

Everyone has something in their life to be depressed about. Acne for one can be incredibly harsh to the self-esteem. So, do you think accutane leads to suicide or is it based on the person's past/disfiguring face?

MemberMember
(@pika)

Posted : 10/24/2004 12:26 am

Drugs don't kill people, people kill themselves. Sure it may be a little depressing, but use common sense god. I would think anyone going on Accutane would know it doesn't work overnight.

Kids commit suicide for many reasons, some with acne, some without. Don't find the easy way out, and blame it on the drug.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@anna-nim)

Posted : 11/28/2020 2:09 pm

I know this is a OLD topic, but Accutane (roaccutane) changes the way your brain works. People get a distorted depression on it and yes, kill themselves BECAUSE of this drug. My son was horribly depressed on this drug and had disordered thinking. He literally did not even understand how depressed he was until he got off. He has a ton of seemingly permanent issues from this drug. Erectile dysfunction, joint, bone, eye and stomach issues from this drug. If you or anyone you know has ever taken Accutane, good chance they have issues from it. Right now, the MHRA (like the FDA) is doing a government inquiry into Accutane. There is a survey that they are begging the public's help on. So, please, anyone who is reading this, first.. Please, please, fill this out. We only have a few months. Maybe, just maybe stronger government warnings will save other lives..
https://www.surveys.mhra.gov.uk/5fa2caf33414eb1dd21958ad