Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dh79

Exfoliation and Oily Skin

Hi, I've been checking out this site and reading the forums for a while now, and I must say that the regimen has really helped control my breakouts! It's amazing that something I initially thought was too good to be true, actually was true! How often does that happen!?

Anyway, briefly about me, I'm 25 years old and I've had mild acne over the past couple years mainly just on my cheeks, and now I have some mild scarring too, unfortunately. Now that I am 95% clear I want to try some exfoliation methods such as the tape method and/or the lemon/vingegar method to help with my redmarks and scars since they're fairly shallow.

Well, my question is - Will this also help with my face being excessively oily? Or is there another approach I might try to treat this? It seems like lately my face is so damn oily that by the end of the day the reflection of the sun off of my gleaming skin could blind somebody! I surely don't want to cause any car accidents on my way home from work smile.gif

Thanks a bunch for any responses.

-DH

It would seem that that would help but since i've been regularly exfoliating my skin, it gets overly dry and produces a lot more oil. are you still on the regimen? If you combine that with other things it might make it more oilier.

I must say that exfoliation has done nothing in the past for my skin other than break me out, it seems to stimulate more oil production in me, not less.

It would seem that that would help but since i've been regularly exfoliating my skin, it gets overly dry and produces a lot more oil. are you still on the regimen? If you combine that with other things it might make it more oilier.

I do a lactic acid peel every couple of weeks but still have fairly oily skin. There's no way to say how exfoliation will affect your skin.