Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjh4dmb

Yasmin and Initial Breakouts

I will be starting Yasmin & b.c. for the first time Sunday and I am concerned about initial breakouts. I am in my 20's and never had a real problem with my skin until lately. My doctor said that I may have an initial breakout and I would like to know how severe it may be. I am freaking out. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just started Ortho Tri-cyclen about 4 days ago....

So far, no initial breakout - maybe a few pimples here and there (nothing significant as compared to my usual pimple problems).

However, it depends on the person, the hormones, etc....

I tried Alesse prior to Ortho Tri-cyclen and my face exploded in acne.

So like everything else, I think it depends.

I hope I don't breakout anytime soon.

Cross my fingers.

Good luck to you as well....

Try not to worry about it.

If you breakout, there's not much you can do except wait it out.

I'm in the same boat as you.... expecting a major breakout sometime soon.

i was thinking about yasmin as im on diante and if anything its got worse why is yasmin a good idea then?

Hi.I'm the same person as Butterfly1982;for some reason i'm two people on here!I don't know what i did wacko.gif Anyway...

If you get an initial breakout with yasmin then how come you don't with spiro?As yasmin contains spiro... eusa_eh.gif

I had an awful initial breakout when i first started dianette so i'm worried about spiro.As i had an intial breakout with dianette would that mean my body would react the same to spiro? eusa_think.gif

Hey girls thanks for all of the replys. I really appreciate it. I am going to the derm. in the morning and was thinking about asking if I could take spiro w/ yasmin. I have read lots of great things about the combo. Like I said before I have never had problems with my skin so I am nervous about making it worse.

Hey!

I'm on my 3 month of Yasmin and i've got probably the worst acne i've had in along time (but i think it could be stress related too). How many months has it taken for people to notice an improvement of your skin on this pill?

I've been on Ortho-Tri-Cyclen for about two months now (along w/Retin-A Micro .1%) and my face is SOOOOO much better than it was before combining the two meds. Right now, it's hard to tell w/out makeup on because I have many old red marks from my initial out break (which was rather rough, I'll admit) but they're fading out pretty fast and when I have my foundation on, my skin is so smooth.

I'm very happy w/the results I'm seeing right now and I hope all goes well for the rest of you ladies.

Well, I just finished my 7th day on Yasmin yesterday and no real problems just a couple on my chin. For the girls with the initial breakout , when did things start getting worse for you? was it immediately like within the first couple of weeks or gradually in the first few months?

I am so sorry about the problems you girls had too. I know it sucks. I hope things get much better.

Thanks again for the replies.

I got my breakout gradually over the first 3 months, but I don't want to put anyone off because i've just started a new masters course and its sooooo hard - so was feeling pretty stressed for first few weeks. Even my blood pressure increased when i went for a check up at the doctors. But I'm hoping the pill will kick in soonish with the acne as i'm less stressed now and doctor said it might not have reached its max potential yet. And Shy One also said it took 4 months for her - and that made me feel better! Thanks!

Hello I was searching for some answers tonight abt why my face has so horribly broken out on Yasmin.....HELP!! I am on midway on my 2nd pack of pills. How long does this take to go away and is it worth it. WIll it just keep getting worse. I don't even want to go out in public...any advice anyone. It has gradually been getting worse since I first began.

kitsumi, i am having the same exact problem you are. I am midway through my 2nd pack of Yasmin pills and my face just went crazy. Thankfully, none of the zits are cysts or pustules...just a slew of whiteheads and a couple of red bumps (the kind with no head).

I have been reading up on this and apparently, it is normal for this to happen. Not only is your body getting used to the new hormones, but the Spiro in the Yasmin is actually causing the pores to "purge" what is already in there (similar to any "initial breakout" caused by acne meds). Soooo...we just need to hang in there. Supposedly, this will subside and we will have super purdy skin. Looking forward to it...just like you, I didn't want to go out at all this weekend! My skin is usually pretty clear and I felt like a freak with these spots all over my face. YIKES! Please keep me posted on your progess and I'll do the same. Tea Tree oil seems to be helping, plus I am still using my Differin. Definite improvements. eusa_clap.gif

Hey girls...don't mean to take over this post but I have a quick question. I'm halfway through my second package of Diane-35 and haven't seen results yet. I know it takes a few packs to see if it'll work but I've gotten 3 cysts in 2 months and even though my acne is very severe I usually never get cysts. confused.gif Is it just my body adjusting to all these hormones? I was previously on Alesse but it didn't clear me up in the least so my derm switched me to Diane-35. Arrggghhh...I hate how a lot of products make your face worse before they're supposidly gonna make it better.

Hey girls...don't mean to take over this post but I have a quick question. I'm halfway through my second package of Diane-35 and haven't seen results yet. I know it takes a few packs to see if it'll work but I've gotten 3 cysts in 2 months and even though my acne is very severe I usually never get cysts. confused.gif Is it just my body adjusting to all these hormones? I was previously on Alesse but it didn't clear me up in the least so my derm switched me to Diane-35. Arrggghhh...I hate how a lot of products make your face worse before they're supposidly gonna make it better.

I'm on a bcp as well. I've heard it could actually cause cysts to some. But hey, 3 cysts in 2 months ain't that bad  smile.gif Mine's so much worse.

Allese did that to me too. the progesterone in Allesse promotes oilier skin, I just didn't notice b/c when I went on it years ago, I had just finished a round of Accutane and NOTHING could make me break out for about a year. Sadly, Allesse did its thing to me this summer. Im now on my 4th pack of Yasmin, and the oil is quite managable again. I really don't have anything bad right now- just clogged pores & lots of teeeny tiny anoying bumps. Yasmin takes about 3 months to work on most

Just hang in there, been13years. I know how it feels when you don't want to leave your house. It took 3 months for my skin to get better and it did get worse before it got better. But you should look and feel much better in a few months.