Notifications
Clear all

Initial Breakout

MemberMember
(@user360044)

Posted : 12/19/2013 5:19 pm

I already know about the IB while on accutane, i just have a few questions. How do i know i started the IB (like signs) and how long does it usually last. Im on week one and im already breaking out, is this just coincidence or the IB?

MemberMember
(@emma2)

Posted : 12/19/2013 5:50 pm

Hi

I broke out week 3 and it was horrendous even went to my dr couldnt see the dermatologist as didnt have an appt till 6 wks time ( you cant just see someone here in the uk :( ) The breakout lasted 10 days and since then i have had minor spots but still had some but they arent as cystic as before. I guess you will know its an initial breakout if alot worse than usual mine was horrendous painful horrible but all over now. This is my second time on accutane relapsed after 9 mths before so fingers crossed. Im on 60mg a day

I dont know if it is conincidence i swore i had dry lips day 1 but i think it was just my imagination.

Hope that you are cured on your first course

MemberMember
(@user360044)

Posted : 12/19/2013 6:54 pm

Hi

I broke out week 3 and it was horrendous even went to my dr couldnt see the dermatologist as didnt have an appt till 6 wks time ( you cant just see someone here in the uk 🙁 ) The breakout lasted 10 days and since then i have had minor spots but still had some but they arent as cystic as before. I guess you will know its an initial breakout if alot worse than usual mine was horrendous painful horrible but all over now. This is my second time on accutane relapsed after 9 mths before so fingers crossed. Im on 60mg a day

I dont know if it is conincidence i swore i had dry lips day 1 but i think it was just my imagination.

Hope that you are cured on your first course

the first day i took accutane my skin was the driest it has ever been, i woke up to find ashiness all over my bed and not even a shower couldnt wash it away. It was awful

mochan liked
MemberMember
(@start)

Posted : 12/21/2013 11:01 am

It's a natural reaction to the dryness. You should start using moisturizer before taking the medicine so that your skin gets used to the moisturizer.