Notifications
Clear all

*pics* Bad Post Inflammatory Hyper-Pigmentation

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 12/18/2013 6:21 pm

HOW DO I DEAL WITH THIS PIH?!

Its causing my anxiety to be worse, I can't stop thinking about my face.

- social anxiety that people are making fun of my acne and scars or thinking I'm gross

- OCD over my acne and scars and I feel depressed. I never want to leave my home or anything.

- some people can't even look at me, not everyone but I guess this shows who my real friends are

I've been using hydroquinone 4% cream for the past month and its brightened my skin as my mom said the scars were darker but idk if she's just saying this to make me feel better.

I'm starting to use and jouviance exfoliatior, face wash, first defense antioxidant emulsion, and skin rescue.

I just want a clear complexion and all these minor bumps off my face are from the hydroquinone i think, too much of it on at once in one area. sad.png

How would you gauge my PIH and acne on a scale from 1-10! be honest!

Thanks...

post-363527-0-22298700-1387408742.jpg

post-363527-0-83384700-1387408744.jpg

post-363527-0-61785600-1387408747.jpg

post-363527-0-69071100-1387408750.jpg

post-363527-0-17312700-1387408753.jpg

post-363527-0-22298700-1387408742.jpg

post-363527-0-83384700-1387408744.jpg

post-363527-0-61785600-1387408747.jpg

post-363527-0-69071100-1387408750.jpg

post-363527-0-17312700-1387408753.jpg

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 12/18/2013 6:30 pm

It's really not as bad as you think it is...Skin lightening creams take a long time to work.I had a scar that took 9 months to really lighten.Now i have indented scars.Much worse and harder to get rid of! I do know how you feel though about not wanting to go anywhere.It can make a person feel horrible.Keep using the skin lightening creams .Looks like it seems to be working.It's hard for me to put it on a scale...I'm a bit new at this..I'm guessing from a scale of perfect flawless skin being a 1...Maybe i would give you a 4.Not too bad!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/18/2013 6:31 pm

use retin a 0.1 it works amazing im almost 3 weeks into it and ill post my results on my other topic soon

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 12/18/2013 6:37 pm

Now i am thinking maybe a 3 rating ...4 may be a bit too harsh...

LeadingForce -Does Retin A work for indented scars too?

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 12/18/2013 6:52 pm

here are more photos of the PIH and acne....

use retin a 0.1 it works amazing im almost 3 weeks into it and ill post my results on my other topic soon

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/18/2013 7:15 pm

retin a is suppose to bring acne to the surface so it can exfoliate and cleanse it right , i had some breakouts but it was very little and went away in couple of days

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 12/18/2013 7:40 pm

retin a is suppose to bring acne to the surface so it can exfoliate and cleanse it right , i had some breakouts but it was very little and went away in couple of days

that's true, it was very drying to my skin tho. especially in this harsh winter weather. Does Benzaclin work?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/18/2013 9:14 pm

that's true, it was very drying to my skin tho. especially in this harsh winter weather. Does Benzaclin work?

you need to always put moisturizer on after putting on harsh products. and i never tried benzaclin

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 12/18/2013 11:42 pm

One thing that seems to help is Doxy-cycl HYCL 100mg.It's a prescription and seems to help clear up acne very well!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/19/2013 3:02 am

The thing is you're still breaking out cysts. That's essentially the culptrit to your PIH. What's your diet like?

Fix your diet then give retin a a try again..

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 12/19/2013 7:57 am

The thing is you're still breaking out cysts. That's essentially the culptrit to your PIH. What's your diet like?

Fix your diet then give retin a a try again..

I've been cutting out dairy and sugar. I eat whole grain breads and oats. I recently had lots of red meat and I suffer from anxiety so it's hard to digest those heavy foods so I think the cysts popped up from that. I eat healthy on a scale of 1-10 id say 7.5 or 8 in terms of my diet. On retin a I had severe anxiety symptoms so I'm scared to try it again. Should I go back?

Another thing is I used to smoke marijuana heavily for several months, drink alcohol heavily since high school, and smoke cigarettes and cigars occasionally for a few years. I have now stopped. Could this be why my acne is flaring up?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/19/2013 9:58 am

i used to use benzaclin for about 5 years or so and it worked very well for me. i used it twice a day with a good moisturizer (olay regenerist deep hydration cream) but i would also look into trying some antibiotics as well if you dont mind taking meds. doxy or mino would probably clear you up pretty fast.

dont go too crazy with the diet because it will just add to your anxiety. i cut out everything for a long time and it did nothing to help my acne it just made me even more stressed out and angry.

one more thing you are a good looking guy so dont let this stress you out too much because any girl that is worth your time wont care at all about your acne.

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 12/19/2013 12:33 pm

i used to use benzaclin for about 5 years or so and it worked very well for me. i used it twice a day with a good moisturizer (olay regenerist deep hydration cream) but i would also look into trying some antibiotics as well if you dont mind taking meds. doxy or mino would probably clear you up pretty fast.

dont go too crazy with the diet because it will just add to your anxiety. i cut out everything for a long time and it did nothing to help my acne it just made me even more stressed out and angry.

one more thing you are a good looking guy so dont let this stress you out too much because any girl that is worth your time wont care at all about your acne.

Okay I'll give the benzaclin a go and ask my doctor about the doxy as well. And yeah ever since my diet changed from smoking pot I lost weight and it made my anxiety worse so I'm going to force feed myself basically. Thanks hah, some people keep telling me this but it's still hard to keep my head up. I'm going out tonight with some friends so I'm gunna try and enjoy myself

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/19/2013 12:44 pm

yeah just go slow with the benzaclin because it will dry you out but as long as you moisturize the skin with a good moisturizer you wont get red or anything from it. yeah i know what you mean my anxiety used to be really bad and it still gets bad to this day when i have to see people i havent seen in a while but at least i get to enjoy food now unlike before. it got to the point that i was afraid to eat anything and all it did was make my acne even worse!

have fun tonight and dont worry about a thing. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 12/21/2013 1:57 am

Is there a purge for benzaclin? like will my acne get worse before it gets better?

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 12/21/2013 2:47 am

Also I applied the benzaclin to my face and it made my face tingly and kind of a burning sensation. is this good? plus I kinda had a shortness of breath.

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 12/21/2013 10:40 am

plus I kinda had a shortness of breath.

If you truly had a shortness of breath, consult your doctor. That's not necessarily a good sign

MemberMember
(@numan)

Posted : 12/21/2013 10:44 am

If your skin is tingly and burning, do consider toning down your application a little. Say, reduce it to once every two days for instance, or once every three days until your skin gets used to it.

Remember to get a good moisturizer and sunscreen as well! Most importantly, do not panic! You have really aesthetically pleasing features, and it would be a shame to overlook that in spite of your current skin conditions. Take things slowly at a time and be patient, your body is a healing machine, but it needs time to catch up with topical medications.

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 12/21/2013 6:51 pm

If your skin is tingly and burning, do consider toning down your application a little. Say, reduce it to once every two days for instance, or once every three days until your skin gets used to it.

Remember to get a good moisturizer and sunscreen as well! Most importantly, do not panic! You have really aesthetically pleasing features, and it would be a shame to overlook that in spite of your current skin conditions. Take things slowly at a time and be patient, your body is a healing machine, but it needs time to catch up with topical medications.

Thanks hah. Iunno it's just the PIH that kills me the most. If I had acne and no PIH I truly couldnt care less. I used to use a cream my doctor gave me, can't remember what it was but after I stopped using those creams I just broke out again and really bad so I need to get back on a proper cream that works. I always felt pro active never worked so idk if benzaclin will but I guess I'll continue usage. How can I speed up my PIH scars? Like I truly don't like living atm or going out in public. It's ruining my life and I'm only 20.

Like look how bad it is. I need something to speed up the process because I don't want to be sitting in my room depressed all summer

MemberMember
(@farrison-hord)

Posted : 12/23/2013 9:25 am

From the pictures it doesn't look that bad. Your skin color hides it decently well anyways. I would go for retin a if I were you but its going to be a long shitty road, not gonna lie. Expect to see results in like 6 months. You could look into chemical peels after you get your active acne under control, may only take a couple months with the retin a. Benzaclin wont do anything for PIH. Also youre black, so dont fuck with hydroquinone.