Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tried about everything just like you guys, (Proactive, Murad, different bp gels, C&C Products, Nutragena products...) and none of that crap has worked. The most recent ive tried is Murad...the commercial seemed very convincing....they also make the bottles look very big haha. Anyway, in the instructions they tell you that if your skin is sensitive to the product and that you experience occasional breakouts, its just the acne product doing its job. First of all, why would you sell an acne product and then say if you experience breakouts, its the acne product doing its job? Sounds like the product is meant to GIVE you acne.

I dont want to hope its working, I want to know its working.

After the murad stuff, I tried "Desert Essence: Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi". It comes in an 8floz. bottle and can be found at a trader joes or similar stores.

I basically use it 2 times a day, in the morning and at night. Let me tell you, this product does wonders, right after use you can notice a difference in redness. After you rinse it off, you'll notice your skin feels very tight.....(it is not dry) but moist and tight. You can feel its working, and you know its working. After about a week I noticed a huge difference....my skin is 100% clear.

I do not use any lotion or moisterizer after using this product because they make me feel slimey and yucky.

Anyway, give it a shot. eusa_dance.gif

Hhmm, I have used the Tea Tree Oil Soap. It would break me out more, was told that it was suppose to then clear it up, what kind of junk is that? I mean You buy all these products that break you out then they clear it up. They say its build up under your skin.. You know what their right. I would like to kep trying this but.. I am meeting this pretty hot girl in about 4 days she's about 2 hours from me never met in real life but we will on the 27th of oct. And Makes me want to slap my self for not trying the tea tree thing sooner. but please guiltybeing01 you see any results post them I am very curious on this. Thanks! eusa_wall.gif

i think i might try this... i've been using burt's bees for about 6 months now, and while the garden tomato complexion soap is really good, it hasn't done much for my occasional breakouts. i did a search on desert essence at drugstore.com, and it seems promising. here's some product info and some customer reviews:

user posted image

Economy Refill Size

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash is a gentle cleaning solution that leaves your skin feeling clean and silky. This unique face wash contains natural Organic Te Tree oil, an inherent antiseptic. Included also are extracts of Goldenseal, Hawaiian White Ginger (Awapuhi) and the essential oil of Swiss Chamomile (Matricaria). Mineral-rich Bladderwrack, harvested from the sea, nourishes the skin to leave it looking vibrantly healthy. Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash ever so gently helps improve the texture, clarity and radiance of your skin.

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash and All Desert Essence formulas are animal and eco-friendly. Moreover, Desert Essence formulas are pH balanced skin friendly and contain essential oils, pure plant and botanical extracts with natural fragrances to provide you with consistent performance you can depend upon.

The Organic Tea Tree icon is a Dessert Essence interpretation of a Navaho healing sand painting. The branches reflect the Tea Tree. The central grouping of the branches symbolize the ecological renewal of the Tea Tree.

Organic ingredients grown in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990.

No animal ingredients or testing.

No alcohol, artificial detergents, color or synthetic perfumes.

Formulated and Quality Tested by

Desert Essence

Directions:

Moisten face with warm water and gently massage a small amount of Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash in circular motions into the cheeks, chin, forehead and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Continue for approximately one minute, then rinse thoroughly with cool water. Follow this procedure twice daily.

Ingredients:

Castile Soap, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia), Extracts of Matricaria (Chamomile), Goldenseal, Awapuhi (Hawaiian White Ginger), Bladderwrack, Essential Oil of Palmarosa, Petitgrain, Organic Lavadine Super, Peppermint Oil

user posted imageThis product parched my skin. My skin was red and irritated after using it, and it did nothing for my blemishes but aggravate them. Not to mention it smells horrible, and I happen to like the smell of tea tree oil.

-- Anonymous on October 20, 2004

Guest brokencocoon

Hi!

This face wash is one of the first natural cleansers I ever tried!

When I first used it (7 yrs ago!), it was ok, but I kept on searching. However, my room-mate started using it and has been using it forever and really likes it. Like, he picked up where I left off with it, so he's been using it for 7+ years.

But I ran out of my cleanser once and used his Desert Essence- and it burned my face! Still seems so weird to me. I don't know why, or what in it could have caused that becasue all the ingredients are stuff that I know and have used with no problem... eusa_think.gif .

Anyway, I've used Aubrey cleansers for YEARS myself, and that's saying a LOT for me!

My favorites are the Blue Green Algae for combination/oily skin, and the Vegecol for sensitve skin. Good stuff to check out if you're ever on the hunt again!

do you get that wash from holland and barrett i m sure i have seen it in there.

I've been using BP and SA washes for quite some time now. Its so time consuming and i still have an occasional breakout. I decided maybe I need to stop 'overtreating'. I bought a bottle of the desert essence facewash today and i'm going to start using it. keep your fingers crossed for me! i'll keep you posted as to how its going.

I've been using BP and SA washes for quite some time now. Its so time consuming and i still have an occasional breakout. I decided maybe I need to stop 'overtreating'. I bought a bottle of the desert essence facewash today and i'm going to start using it. keep your fingers crossed for me! i'll keep you posted as to how its going.

good call guiltybeing, i like this stuff, the bladderwrack makes your skin tighter, more elastic, and looks like i'm 16/17 again. The smell is undesirable, but i'll deal with that rather than acne. A little bit goes a long way, the $7 bottle i got (32 oz) will last quite some time as you need maybe a quarter size to lather your face.

Sorry its taken me so long, but i wanted to give the facewash a good try before i reached a verdict.

unfortunately since i've been using it i seem to have gotten little clogged pores over my cheeks and around my nose! nothing too terribly bad, dont know if its the cleanser to blame or maybe just the fact that i stopped using the BP and SA washes. In anycase, I started my old regimen again yesterday and my face is practically clear now. Guess i'll just stick with that, even though it is a bit more work... at least i've found something that keeps me clear!