Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

Has anyone taken 2nd Accutane treatment?

If so, has your acne pretty much cleared up for life? I had my 1st treatment 8 years ago. It worked quite well for me. Now my cysting acne is making a comeback and I'm wondering if I should give Accutane another shot.

This is my third time. I'd go on it again, if I were you. it's worth having clear skin even if it is only for a few years at a time. My derm said sometime you have to go on Accutane 2 or 3 times to get rid of acne permanently. Good luck!

I did #3 about 3 years ago and I am sitting here with the biggest cyst of my life on my chin brought on by starting Tazorac cream 12 days ago. So, no, 3rd time isn't the charm but I would say that what was good about that time is that I was on it for a year on a really low dose. I remember that the dermo suggested that I take a 1 week refresher course once a year. But, I lost the insurance I was on then and couldn't afford the $300 office visits they had so never got on that program. I say go ahead and do it though.