Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

How much are you paying for Accutane?

How much does Accutane cost you per month without insurance these days? My insurance doesn't cover it and has a very high deductible. sad.gif I took Accutane 8 years ago. IIRC, it costed me around $150 per month.

For a generic brand of Accutane, I am paying $194 a month. My insurance company has a deductible of $500. Needless to say, between all the medications I am on, I met that deductible within two months. Currently, I can't pay my bills and it is a miracle I can insure my car. My face is breaking out and super-red. I see the doctor several times a month. I hope that you have better luck than me.

My doctor did offer to call the insurance company for me and tell them that me being on Accutane was a necessity. However, by the time he made that offer, I had already reached my deductible. Maybe you can suggest this to your current dermatologist.

With insurance I paid $10 for 30 40mg Sotret pills because it's the generic. I would have to pay $20 for name brand. My receipt showed the full retail price for 30 40mg Sotrets as $160. YIKES! I'm very thankful for my insurance or else this would not be an option for me. How long did you stay acne free after the last treatment? That would be a big factor in my decision.

Laurie

Yes, company benefits are great. I pay $5 for a month's supply of 80mg. They'll only cover for 5 months though so I'll be buying the 6th month on my own. Do you have any suggestions on the cheapest way to go about that? I'm thinking of trying Costco.

$150 a month for 60 30mg pills of sotret. Was $35 a month but my insurance changed eusa_wall.gif Sure beats paying the retail price of $600+ though.