Notifications
Clear all

Where To Buy In Uk?

MemberMember
(@cbl)

Posted : 12/17/2013 4:08 pm

I know there are other threads but they are outdated. Most products posted have been discontinued.

I am really struggling to find somewhere to purchase BP online. Does anyone know where I could purchase some?

Also could you reccomend other regimen products that are cheap and or effective that can be purchased in the UK

Thanks

MemberMember
(@cbl)

Posted : 12/24/2013 12:08 pm

Nobody?

Im pretty sure at least a few people on this board and in the UK and have aqcuired BP, please tell me how you did.

MemberMember
(@purple123)

Posted : 12/28/2013 7:16 pm

Greetings from America. I used to live in your lovely country until recently.

At the time (until March of this year) Quinoderm was available at Boots... is that no longer the case?

Either way, you should be able to get some medical grade BP on the NHS, no?

---

From the Boots Acne Clinic webpage (unfortunately their whole site is suffering from an outage at this very moment!):

Our Acne Clinic will help you discover treatments to help get clearer skin, from help and advice through to prescription medicines.

If you want an effective treatment for mild to moderate acne without visiting your doctor, find out how our Acne Clinic may help.

You can always ask our Boots pharmacists for advice and support, to see what you might be able to do to help your skin. Whether its options to help with blemish-prone skin or treatments for acne, our pharmacist may be able to help you.

If you have acne Boots can help you get access to prescription medicines via an online consultation and without having to visit your doctor.

One of our online clinicians will assess if the treatment may be suitable for you, and if appropriate, we can arrange for you to receive your prescription medicine without going to your doctor.

http://www.boots.com/en/Pharmacy-Health/Online-Clinic/Skinoren-and-Differin/

MemberMember
(@hf1985)

Posted : 01/02/2014 9:15 am

I know there are other threads but they are outdated. Most products posted have been discontinued.

I am really struggling to find somewhere to purchase BP online. Does anyone know where I could purchase some?

Also could you reccomend other regimen products that are cheap and or effective that can be purchased in the UK

Thanks

Hi cbl,

I'm in London and do the regimen partly using uk products. I answered a similar question recently about where to get benzoyl peroxide (BP) in the uk - so I've copied and pasted my answer here:

Before I started using Dan's 2.5% BP (which I purchase from amazon.COM) I was simply purchasing Quinoderm BP 5% from Boots (admittedly they seem to stock Quinoderm 10% more commonly but they would order in a Quinoderm 5% for me if they didnt have it in stock and it would be in within a few days. They don't have Quinoderm openly on the shelves, you have to ask for it at the medicines counter (but you DON'T need a prescription to buy it).

Also if you want BP on the NHS you could ask if your GP will prescribe you any of the following - they are listed in the BNF (which is a list describing all medicines that can be prescribed in the UK)

Acnecide = BP 5%

Brevoxyl = BP 4%

Duac = combination of BP 3% and clindamycin 1% (antibiotic).

Lastly, having used quinoderm BP 10% and 5% and now having used Dan's 2.5% BP I have to say I definitely prefer Dan's 2.5% BP. Its a gel which seems to absorb into my skin more easily than quinoderm. The 2.5% doesn't dry out my skin anywhere near as much as the 5 % or 10% and you get a lot for your money with Dan's 8oz BP tube, I'm sure its going to last me months (the best way I've found to buy it is from amazon.COM but make sure you buy the 8oz size or smaller - as anything bigger is more expensive and takes you over the customs price limit and you'll start getting charged fees then).

Hope that helps.

PS I just use the Cetaphil cleanser and either cetaphil lotion or eucerin 5% urea face cream (from Boots) rather than Dan's cleanser / moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@cbl)

Posted : 01/03/2014 4:36 am

Thanks for your replies guys, I think I will try and get it prescribed to me.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 01/03/2014 5:20 pm

I just use Dans BP. Think its pretty much the best out there anyways. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@wot-once-woz)

Posted : 01/04/2014 5:07 pm

I've used www.expresschemist.co.uk for years now. I only order from them like once a year now because my acne has been fully under control thanks to the regiment.

I have not done the reg for a long time but I keep bp around just in case. (Paranoid or what!!) I sometimes get the occasional pimple so I spot treat that way.

But anyway. Express chemist is the way to go. They have brevoxyl which I used in all my time on the regiment. Its excellent and has never failed me. Also quinoderm 5 is quite good.