Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuzanneHopes

OMG!!! HUGE DEEP ICE PICK SCAR ON MY NOSE

I am NEVER going out of the house again.

I had a cystic type acne zit on the tip of my nose.

It went away and formed a scab.  This morning I washed my face and the scab came off.

I AM HORRIFIED and  DEPRESSED!!!!

There is a HUGE DEEP ice pick scar on the tip of my nose.

It is SO DEEP that I almost passed out! 

It is so deep, no amount of make-up will cover it, it only looks worse.

It stands out so much,like a black hole, I am ready to end it all.

I am shaking.

Please dont tell me I am being shallow and you all have scars, I know, and i feel bad , I have scars on my Cheeks that I can deal with, but this is DISGUSTING!!!.

I made an appointment with a plastic surgeon but I have to wait 2 months for the appointment!!!

On all  the plastic surgery message boards, it says a ice pick on the nose looks WORSE after corrected!

I wouldnt care if I had a line type scar, insead of this huge gaping hole.

I am afraid he will make it worse , I dont know.

How should this be corrected?

Have any of you every had a ice pick on your NOSE corrected?

Please help me I am desperate..and I cant stop looking at it or thinking about how ugly I look.

go to your pcp to see if an oral antibiotic might heal it up faster. or see if there's anything they might be able to give you.

i had the same thing happen on my cheek this month and it got infected. They put me on keflex and the hole filled in practically over night.

nodoubt, dont worry. Just coz the scab came off it doesnt mean that the skin is healed completely. ur skin needs time to tighten and heal further. Believe me, it WILL tighten a bit more. But please leave it alone...touching or trying to cover it with make-up is a complete no-no.

Ice-picks can be corrected with punch technique. take a look at some reviews here.

http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=56

i know it is devastating right now to look at ur face...(i really know how it feels..i've been there..) ..but remember...in this day and world...U DONT HAVE TO LIVE WITH ANYTHING U R NOT PLEASED WITH....THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING U CAN DO ABT IT!

once i had a fresh acne scar so bad that i went to college putting a band-aid on it! it was more dignifying to say i fell and hurt myself rather than ppl coming and asking 'oh goodness..did something bite u'?

so cheer-up! theres always hope! make sure ur doctor is well-experienced...if yes, then its worth the wait..or else..u might want to look for someone else..U cannot be TOO careful when it comes to ur face...CHEER UP and GOOD LUCK!

I am no expert, far from, but I think trying to hide the wound

whit makeup before its heal is a very very bad idea

And please make sure your PS has experience whit this kind of work

the PS can make all the difference, maybe try to search

goggle, to see if you can find before an after pictures. do your

research, and try not going crazy over it, I feel sure there are

ways correct your wound, new technics are developed all the time.

best of luck

jm

Nodoubt, I feel so bad for you sad.gif I totally understand the whole "shaking" thing because thats how I have gotten over my skin. I think you should put either neosporin or this stuff called Spenco 2nd skin quick healing gel on it. It helps wounds heal faster. You can buy it at a drug store. There have been severla times where acne wounds/scabs of mine have fallen off too early and I was horrified to see huge red holes,but in time they healed and looked a lot better. A permanent fix would be something like TCA cross which is great for ice pick scars. Just have faith and know that there are many things out there that can help this.

Thank you for all of your relplies, I still have very little hope.

You see, the scab came off and the Hole that is left...is healed!!!!

I know this sounds gross but the ice pick hole is DRY.

Like the entire thing has healed already, that 's why I put the make-up on.

I would have never put make-up on a gaping wound.

I am sorry if I was not clear and worded this incorrectly...

I am disfigured and very depressed.

I agree with delna. So I won't have to type much. smile.gif And try not to worry, surgeons can do amazing things and can easily fix an icepick.

Oldguy,

I have noticed you know alot about scars, I have read many of your posts.

Have you heard anywhere that an icepick scar or nose scars in general are very difficult to correct?

This one is really deep and about the

same size as this ---> *

Only- not on your screen, the same size as the one on your keyboard.

Oldguy,

I have noticed you know alot about scars, I have read many of your posts.

Have you heard anywhere that an icepick scar or nose scars in general are very difficult to correct? 

This one is really deep and about the

same size as this --->  *

Only- not on your screen, the same size as the one on your keyboard.

just because the hole is dry and seems "healed" doesn't mean that it is yet. i'm telling you the exact same thing happened to me and keflex tightened the skin around the hole over night. It was a miracle.

I would go to the doctor immediately. If you can't get a derm appt. go to your PCP and tell them that you need an "emergency referral" to the derm and they will get you in. Some derm.s even work on their lunch break if it's important.

Don't mess around with it yourself. You may need medical help.

I made the mistake of trying every topical on the site. And I ended up with a chemical burn (using apple cider vinagar and emu oil at the same time). I was so desparate though and didn't leave my house for over two weeks. I wish that I had just taken the doctor's advice from the beginning and I wouldn't have had this happen.

Keep us updated.

As you can see I am a new member, I just want to say THANK YOU all for your advice and compassion. You are so NICE! I feel SO MUCH better knowing I'm not alone with this crappy acne.

Old Guy, your "bonus super wisdom" words of advice almost

made me cry...so true! thanx!

It could just be an impression or "footprint" of the old pimple. Now that the weight is gone, the hole may fill in. Skin on the nose usually heals better than the rest of your face. Give it about 3-5 days and report back on your progress. -Nic

Well, it has been 5 days and this hole on my nose is not just a hole its a dent too..

It looks totally healed and hopeless. I cant even bare to look in the mirror.

No amount of make-up can fill it in..it is too large.

I am so depressed I can hardly move.

I dread getting up in the morning and trying to deal with it...I am a freak.

I just dont know what I am going to do.

Does anyone know of any good micro-plastic surgeons in the Chicago area?

I dont know where to turn and I am pretty much willing to spend whatever it takes to try to get this corrected .

Funny, after this..my cheek scars no longer matter.

cry.gif

nodoubt, Now it's time that we fixed ya. Contrary to what many have said on here, a scar on the nose can be easily corrected, especially a miniature one like yours. You should see photos of individuals who've had Mohs micro surgery to have cancer infected skin removed, from the nose and other difficult areas. Some are very old people, who's had whole skin flaps replaced. You couldn't even tell. Not sure of any docs in Chicago, but I'll check on it and let you know. Maybe others have suggestions?

Well, it has been 5 days and this hole on my nose is not just a hole its a dent too..

It looks totally healed and hopeless.  I cant even bare to look in the mirror.

No amount of make-up can fill it in..it is too large.

I am so depressed I can hardly move.

I dread getting up in the morning and trying to deal with it...I am a freak.

I just dont know what I am going to do.

Does anyone know of any good micro-plastic surgeons in the Chicago area?

I dont know where to turn and I am pretty much willing to spend whatever it takes to try to get this corrected .

Funny, after this..my cheek scars no longer matter.

cry.gif

falnhart-

I cant even begin to tell you ...

Your words have given me some hope..and I Thank You.

I tried looking up some docs...but I have no idea what I am doing..

it is like pulling a number out of a hat.

The plastic surgeon I spoke to recommended mederma, it is no help..

it is for softening raised scars, not for ice picks.

It fills in nicely but cant be used with make-up, It peels off.

Thank you again for responding, your knowledge and your offer to help me find a surgeon you are very sweet,

Now.. I dont feel so alone and totally hopeless.

If anyone can recommend a surgeon out there, I would be eternally gratefull.

This was in another thread where Morris was asking about the same thing.

Dr. Richard Levine in Boulder, Colorado did her skin graft. He is a dermatologist who deals with many skin cancer patients. The last # I had for him is

303-444-3152.

I posted this in the wrong thread earlier... doubt.gif

Ok, I've been researching this because I also have not quite ice pick scarring on my nose. One is a very recent addition from a cyst which I got while my mom-in-law was visiting.

I ran into a website that dealt with using skin flaps to fill in these areas on the tips of noses for people with skin cancer. I was actually pretty surprised at how well they were able to reconstruct because some of these are not pretty and very graphic. It seems that if you can find a dermatologist who also specializes in reconstructive surgery for cancer victims they might be able to do something for you.

**VERY GRAPHIC PICTURES**

http://www.emedicine.com/ent/topic77.htm#target9

The only problem I see with this is that they are dealing with much worse sores so a doctor may not feel the risk of something going wrong would be worth it for smaller, healed up indents (at least this is what my current plastic surgeon tells me).

I believe Morris has also been researching this topic of skin flaps for nose scarring, so you can look up some of his posts to see what has, and what has not worked for him so far.

Hang in there honey.