Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I joined this group over 10 years ago when I was suffering from moderate acne in my early 20's. I took a break from it once my skin cleared for the most part since I didn't ever want to look back. I used Dan's regimen back in the day and that helped me A LOT. I also received smoothbeam treatments which helped with some mild scarring. I get the occasional hormonal breakouts now with a killer cyst on my chin or cheek which typically brings me back to this site (like today). Last week, I flew cross country to a drier climate. My face was so dry and even peeled a bit and I formed two pimples on either side of my chin. On my flight back home, I became SO oily. The 2nd I landed I felt a new pimple on my cheek followed by a HUGE one and then several very red small ones. This very rarely happens to me anymore. I will attribute it to air travel so I don't stress too much. I am a 34 year old female, embarrassed to leave my house this week. huh.png

I would like to say that the one thing I have been able to figure out is once my pimples are gone and I am left with those dreaded red marks, I am able to fade them much faster as an adult in my 30's than I did 10 years ago. I think I attribute this to my diet and water intake. I drink a ton of water with lemon. I also take a large amount of vitamin C daily as well as a green powder drink (I buy on herbdoc.com) daily. I also use Apple Cider vinegar diluted with water as a toner. A trick I am happy to have learned on this site. I also noticed that some of my shallow scarring has filled in due to keeping up with a good diet.

My regimen is using Neutrogena on the spot nightly only followed by Neutrogena lotion (not spf) If I have an active pimple, I also dab it with the Proactiv sulfur refining mask as a spot treatment. If I want the pimple to come to a head, I use a warm compress and dab some extra on the spot and wait it out. Frustrating but I know you all can relate.

Just wanted to vent and pass along my story/regimen.