Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johny1

Im going to stop useing all these products

im almost 22 and i think useing these products for years might be making my acne worseplus my skins so dru and flaki all the time i always have to put on clinique moisturizer before i go out. when i was about 18 i dident use anything an dmy face was pretty clear, i think all this overusing of products are causing my acne, so im going to just use water and a little soap. im going to the derm soon and getting a prescription for somthing. but i still think everyone as they get older should try stop useing all that crap.

keep us updated...

Im same as you, 22 in a few weeks, dry as fuck skin, nothing seems to make any difference.. I should try this but am a big fat girl redface.gif

BEST DECISION EVER!!!,i use NOTHING on my skin and have cut my acne down by 85% in like 1-2months just by chaning what i eat and drink and do in everyday life.

I made the same decision. I was on Dan's regimen for 2 years or so, and it was just making my skin worse by the end. I went off it and now my skin looks a lot better. I still have mild acne, but at least my face isn't so red and irritated all the time.

*edit* Actually, I changed my mind. My skin isn't much better at all, but at least I don't have to waste time with all the maintenance. confused.gif

I SO AGREE! This summer I have also used a great number of products and my face is scared redface.gif . Not to mention that I have sensitive skin. ( I dont really even have acne). Using all of the products, just made my face red, breakout worse and burn. My sister told me to stop using the stuff with the medicine in it and sure enough, my face actually started to improve. But because of my impatience, I am now using a cleanser that has SA in it, but thats it. The cleanser and a moisturizer is it for me. I have even found that if I dont spot treat, the pimple goes away in about the same amount of time and it doesnt leave the same type of marks.

Like what was mentioned earlier, Patience is the key. Part of my problem is that I am a product junkie and I love getting something new. rolleyes.gif My other problem is that I am somewhat in denial about my sensitive skin. Its hard finding products that dont burn the heck out of my face

eusa_think.gif One more thing, my sister also told me that if something burns when it is applied to the face, it shouldnt be used. I have found that this is so true. I if something burns for over a week, there is a problem.

Great topic wub.gif

yes i might get a antibiotic like minicyline ,but probly accutane because antibiotics stop working after awhile.. but no more putting shyt on my face all the time.

wish i had done accutane when i was young; ( id have alot better life now with no zits.

hey just updating its been about 4 days of useing nothing on my face but regular soap and water and i havent got a new zit yet jut the old ones and they clearing up fast. hope it stays like this ; ))

Once your hormones settle down I think this is the best way to go about things. Just use a mild cleanser and if your skin gets dry int he winter a simple miosturizer.

yes its been a week and my skin looks way better just a couple tiny zits that go away in a day. ued be suprised i had bad acn while useing bp everyday alot of the times its amazing that clearsil 10% may have actually been the cause of my acne. i used it for years without taking a break then last month i switched to reversion with sa, and it workd better.. but not useing nothing is amazing so far. maybe you ppl that use bp should stop for awhile i think it does more harm than good.

Sulphur masks are the only product that do not give adverse reactions!

I use clearasil Sulphur and in these two weeks I have been using it my face and nose have completely cleared of Blackheads and pimples.

Im doing the same, i can`t deal with putting stuff like bp or retin a gel on my face, it burns/dries and even makes my face blister. It honestly isn`t worth all the pain and discomfort so im just going to do the following.

1) steam my face with boiling salt water

2) wash my face with clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub.

3) leave to dry naturally

And thats it, im not putting any crappy topicals like bp or retin a on my face ever again, if the marks i have now take upto 3 years to fade then so be it. I'll just keep taking my antibiotics and drink my green tea too!

Yeah it dissolves, but it DOES NOT travel with the steam,so it never reaches your face.Let your salt water boil for alot of time until theres no water left..surprise the salt you added is in the bottom.If you want to benefit from the salt stick your head in the water (boiling water is optional).

i cant stand my face without havining anything "cleaning" it.. it just.. doesnt feel right for me =p