Notifications
Clear all

Recommendations For Makeup That's All Natural?

MemberMember
(@agentemily)

Posted : 12/16/2013 6:16 am

Okay I know this has probably been done before but I couldn't find anything specific to what I wanted so...here it goes.

I have pretty bad acne, cysts and white heads, some deforming looking stuff even popped up before I got on medicine. Anyway, I don't wear makeup at all, not to parties, going out, weddings or anything, haven't for several years now. I get bad cyst acne when I wear makeup so I pretty much avoid it now like it's the plague, and to complicate things further I'm allergic to everything. Like my eyes get swollen if I wear any type of drug store concealers or eyeliners.

Last year I bought some of The Body Shop's makeup, hoping it would work and got a huge one on my nose that has never really gone away completely, but on the bright side...I didn't get swollen.

I'm not too experienced in makeup, but I have a big event coming up and I would really like to wear some makeup, without(hopefully) breaking out.

I was just wondering if anybody had ideas for concealers and whatnot? I heard I should be using some kind of remover to get rid of it? If anybody knows anything that's all natural without fragrances or any kind of...well, unnatural ingredients, please let me know!

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/16/2013 11:32 am

I say a mineral powder makeup without any irritants. There are many and there;s another current discussion on the many available brands.

And for removal, quality safflower oil which is over 80% linoleic acid which is a major component in normal sebum and found to be deficient in people (& other mammals) prone to skin problems. I have a long thread on it in in the Nutrition board filled with research & the benefits. I use Napa Valley from Whole Foods.