Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ddd0

Question with some background for accutane

Since I was experiencing severe acne on my back and chest and pretty abd acne on my face I decided that I NEEDED to go on accutane. I talked to my doctor who agreed and sent me off to the dermatologist.

The derm started me off at 40mg per day for the first month. People were telling me they were noticing my face was 'clearing up' without thier knowledge of me using it, so I suppose there was at least minor improvement.

At month 2 I was upped to 80mg per day and a month cycle of cortizone pills. I believe my face started to get worse, even though the reaosn i was started at 40mg was to prevent a massive beginning breakout.

At month 3 I stopped the cortizone and was still getting cysts on my back face and chest. I also was getting massive blackheads and whiteheads. Somewere in this time period i was given a 6 day cycle of cortizone to help the inflammation.

At month 4 or so my derm put me back on to 40mg per day and two pills of doxycycline per day, on top of retina.

I am now at month 4.5/5 or somewhere around there, back on 80mg per day, off the doxycycline(he said just to finish the one bottle) and still on retina.

Even though my cysts are far and very few between, i still have LOTS of blackheads and whiteheads, and smaller red bumps. My chest and back are mostly red spots at the moment and will hopefully turn abck to regular skin color(will they?).

It seems when i get a pimple it lasts a LONG time, and I don't understand why. I am bombarding the whiteheads and blackheads with retina and they dont seem to want to go away.

Am I wrong and not being very optimisitic of ending up clear based on the above information? (It's accuracte to the best of my memory, just writing off the top of my head)

John: Are you saying that the redmarks last forever? I heard that using Tri-Luma cream can help with that.