Notifications
Clear all

Blackheads, Zits, Urghhh!

MemberMember
(@elijahcatchum)

Posted : 12/13/2013 1:26 pm

Hey folks, I have been struggling with acne for a while now, and I am finally fed up with it and looking for a legitament cure.

I guess that I should start off by providing some facts that might help you guys figure out a cure for me. rolleyes.gif

~I am a sixteen year old boy, with pretty long hair, (Little past my shoulders.)

~My dad had extremely bad acne and boils when he was younger. He still, at 43, has acne and zits.

~I always wear hats backwards with my bangs tucked back in the hat.

~I have tried "Clearasil", "Proactive", and several other acne "Treatments". I either can't stick with it, or it just doesn't want to work for me.

~I take a shower usually once a day, atleast every other.

~I have a very bad food diet. In other words, not the healthiest. eusa_think.gif

~I am very scrauny, weighing 120lbs.

I have really bad blackhead strips under my eyes, along my nose, and inside of my ears. Most of my acne is on the side of my face and on my chin.

The acne has been a serious downer for me lately and I just am really tired of it. (Thank God for a loving girlfriend who can see through that!)

I will be VERY appreciative for all of the help that I can get. I am willing to try anything just to get rid of this darned acne. I am not looking for any products that will hurt my wallet; just legitament and real answers that ACTUALLY help. rolleyes.gif

PS: I can provide pictures if needed.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/13/2013 2:39 pm

- well you should always wash your face when you wake up and before you go sleep and shower twice in morning and night

- cut your hair short or dont let it touch the side of your face considering thats why you have acne on the side of your face

- cut out dairy , high carbs , high fats , sugar gotta be strict with these

MemberMember
(@elijahcatchum)

Posted : 12/13/2013 2:48 pm

Woh.. Well, I am totally down for washing my face.

As far as the cutting of my hair, I will not cut my hair. I have seen plenty of guys cure acne with having long hair. =/

Any other suggestions people?

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 12/13/2013 3:01 pm

If your hair is oily, you will get acne from it touching your face. Can you wear it back in a ponytail for a while and keep it off your face?

If you want to clear your acne, you will need to be consistent with your hygiene. Shower and wash your hair daily. Wash your face twice a day. Whatever products you find, use them religiously. There's no easy miracle cure for acne.

MemberMember
(@elijahcatchum)

Posted : 12/13/2013 3:09 pm

I get fairly oily hair if I haven't washed it for a few days, but as I have said above, I do usually shower once every 1 to 2 days. rolleyes.gif

Right now, I am going to the store to purchase a blackhead strip, as well as a basic face wash I can sudse up and use in the shower. Then I have the alcohol proactive step, as well as the mask, and lotion for afterwards. rolleyes.gif I guess really the best thing to do from what I am seeing, is to use what I have and wash my face, as you have said. I am still, however, out for suggestions if anyone has any. I will make do with what I have, for now! rolleyes.gif

Thanks alot, Ripon10 and LeadingForce!

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/15/2013 10:54 am

I am a sixteen year old boy, with pretty long hair, (Little past my shoulders.)

Keep your hair out of your face, even when you think it's clean. Make sure to use an SLS free shampoo as this ingredient can irritate skin and cause acne.

My dad had extremely bad acne and boils when he was younger. He still, at 43, has acne and zits.

Unfortunately it's more than possible for acne to be genetic. It doesn't mean you can't diminish or control it though.

I always wear hats backwards with my bangs tucked back in the hat.

Good. Hats can cause forehead acne though so make sure they're clean.

I have tried "Clearasil", "Proactive", and several other acne "Treatments". I either can't stick with it, or it just doesn't want to work for me.

Try not to experiment with too many products in one period of time, often a simple approach is the best and chemicals can weaken the skin's natural resistance.

I take a shower usually once a day, atleast every other.

You need to be washing your face twice a day with a cleanser regardless of if you shower or not.

I have a very bad food diet. In other words, not the healthiest. eusa_think.gif

Sugar, processed foods such as white rice and pasta, saturated fats and foods that spike your blood sugar create problems with insulin which can cause an excess of male hormones thus aggravating acne. Focusing on good fats like fish and nuts and other anti-inflammatory or antioxidant foods may help.

I am very scrauny, weighing 120lbs.

Doesn't really have much bearing on your acne except it could indicate deficiencies in certain nutrients which won't help your skin.

Also, it sounds like your skin is very congested. Do you exfoliate at all? Moisturise?