Retin A

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 12/13/2013 2:03 am

I am going to stop using retin a, I think it may be causing more breakouts. I am currently on bactrim and spirolatone and I use clindamycin benzoyle peroxide lotion.

I the nights I use the retin I wake up with 3 or more new pimples/cysts like monsters. Any advise!!!!

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 12/13/2013 3:11 am

How long have you been using it? Retin a sloughs off your skin faster, which causes it to reveal more acne (that would have come anyway). I broke out horridly too, around the three month mark, but it'll pass.

MemberMember
(@ehal14)

Posted : 12/13/2013 3:13 am

Yvolo, How long have you been using it? I've been using the same regimen only without the spiro. I broke out badly during the first two months, but once I reached the 12 weeks mark, my face cleared up so much. Most people would agree that you need to give retin a 3 months before quitting. It's normal to see terrible break out in the first two months.

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 12/13/2013 1:19 pm

Yeah Retin-a makes your skin renew faster so your new pimples were what was behind the skin until it exfoilated.

MemberMember
(@marie11793)

Posted : 12/16/2013 8:21 pm

How long have you been using it? I'm having the same problem. Started with 2 pimples, been on tretinoin for 5 weeks and now have a ton. Very frustrating but tretinoids are known to make skin worse before it gets better.