Notifications
Clear all

Help With Spironolactone

MemberMember
(@buggirl)

Posted : 12/12/2013 8:09 pm

i'm about halfway through my first refill, i just stopped using natazi, getting the worst break out of my entire life- on my back now too. didn't have a big problem before. is this normal?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/12/2013 9:23 pm

i'm about halfway through my first refill, i just stopped using natazi, getting the worst break out of my entire life- on my back now too. didn't have a big problem before. is this normal?

Many get bad acne when stopping a birth control. Birth control has a lot of hormones, and starting or stopping triggers an outbreak.

MemberMember
(@buggirl)

Posted : 12/12/2013 9:36 pm

Many get bad acne when stopping a birth control. Birth control has a lot of hormones, and starting or stopping triggers an outbreak.

thanks so much. i guess hormones vary from person to person- but is there some kind of averaged amount of time that hormones calm down? i can't go on like this.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/12/2013 9:43 pm

thanks so much. i guess hormones vary from person to person- but is there some kind of averaged amount of time that hormones calm down? i can't go on like this.

There isn't some average time.

I know this isn't very helpful, and I'm sorry about that.

Hopefully if you maintain spironolactone it will not continue too much longer.

I don't typically recommend a lot of topical treatments, but if you must, I would get a prescription TOPICAL antibiotic (such as topical clindamyacin) and/or a benzoyl peroxide cream.

I do not recommend retinoids or anything combined with retinoids (no Retin-A or Tretinoin or Tazorac or Duac or Epiduo). I also do not recommend oral antibiotic pills.

MemberMember
(@buggirl)

Posted : 12/12/2013 9:51 pm

There isn't some average time.

I know this isn't very helpful, and I'm sorry about that.

Hopefully if you maintain spironolactone it will not continue too much longer.

I don't typically recommend a lot of topical treatments, but if you must, I would get a prescription TOPICAL antibiotic (such as topical clindamyacin) and/or a benzoyl peroxide cream.

I do not recommend retinoids or anything combined with retinoids (no Retin-A or Tretinoin or Tazorac or Duac or Epiduo). I also do not recommend oral antibiotic pills.

my gosh you're a skin care angel. thank you so much! c: