Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which is worse?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse?

• Dry
    • Oily

For me oily is worse. I love my skin when its dry.

With dry skin you can moisturize as little or as much as you need to have a normal feel. But with oily skin, its not as easy to control how dry you can get it without feeling uncomfortable, and how long that feeling lasts.

OILY for sure. But you guys if you have really oily skin and want a temp. relief get a prescription for a cream called Clarex OC. I've been using it for a month now but stopped because I bought all new products since it wasn't helping with my acne just with oil production. Even after not using it for one morning my face had some major slickness. It was also pretty good about not drying me out. I only got a little flaky around my nose area. You have to be faithful though and use it everyday, twice a day in place of moisturizer. Just cut down to once a day for any spots that get a little flaky. Oh yeah and really dry skin sucks too but its easier to control and its not as noticeable (unless you wear a lot of foundation).

wish I had oily skin. then i could attack my zits with all the shit without having my face flaking off for the next few months.

I would say dry skin is the worst, cause you can apply moisturiser and still feel dry. However oily skin you can give it a quick wipe and it feel better and Heh you will look younger in years to come :-)

Fejao x

I said dry cuz when you have dry skin, you have to apply moisturizer. I always feel dirty wen i apply that stuff. And yea, oily skin is quite gross as well, but u can bring a stridex with u to scool or something and just wipe it off. and then ur good to go.

Well I have extremely dry skin, usually after I wash my face, and even if I apply moisturizer it still stays very dry. Even to the point where I can barely move my mouth. During the day I usually start sweating and it actually makes my face look more tan, and the pimples can't be seen as well. Also, usually when I can feel the acne on my face without touching it, I worry about it more often, such as when I have dry skin. But when my skin is more oily I worry less about it, which allows me to get a lot more accomplished without being depressed from acne.

I guess I'm in the minority opinion.I have very oily acne prone skin, but I think that's a better deal than the dry acne prone skin.With my skin, I can use a number of products and sensitivity and overdrying is seldom an issue.Yeah, I have to be careful about my cosmetic choices, or I'll be an oil slick esp. since I work in a restaurant where it is always greasy and warm.It seems as if most of the acne products and treatments are geared for folks with my type of skin than dry skin acne sufferers.

my skin is normal to dry i dont have oily skin at all ,i say dry skin as it looks worse but then again i dont have oily so.....mmmm,my doctor always says the same thing to me when ever we are talking the conversation goes'blah blah it helps with the oil.or blah blah blah its oily and that caouse the breakout!! ARGH i dont have oily skin and she always repeats her self,i have given up!!!!!

dry...nothing worse than not being able to open your mouth or make any facial expressions. I used to go several days without eating breakfast or lunch because I couldnt open my mouth. SOOOOO uncomfortable being dry! My mom thought I was always cranky in the morning because I never talked or when I did I was mad because my face felt horribly dry and talking just made it worse. So you pour on the mositurizer for temporary releif and in return you get a white shiny face.