Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody know about which forms of zinc are most effective. I read that only certain forms of zinc have proven to be effective. These include effervescent zinc and zinc gluconate.

now i can hardly wait to try zinc. i read that zinc picolanate was the best form. i am waiting til next weekend to try it. first i am taking flax oil which is known to be effective against acne. i am trying things on a week by week basis.

It works. You just have to give it some time. I have been taking it for 3 months. And it is reducing the acne.

Zinc is a good choice due to it's anti-inflammatory and DHT inhibiting abilites.

Zinc Sulfate is the form used in the acne studies, but I don't know how effective it is.

Zinc Methionine (Optizinc) - no studies have been published yet

Zinc Gluconate is about 30% effective, but it's more tolerated than Zinc Sulphate

Zinc Acetate was found to be good at inhibitng acne bacteria

There's over a dozen different forms, not only should we be concerned with how easily we can use it, but how it will react in our body once it is absorbed. Remember, along with the appropriate dosage, the wrong kinds can have the opposite or no effect.

Based on the studies, it takes 3 months to see results. I guess this is why it's suggested to take with (not just copper), but Vitamin B6 as this enhances Zincs ability. However if you do so, please know that their are 3 forms of this, with one of them actually producing DHT (Pyridoxine, most common). Therefore you want to purchase Pyridoxal HCL, Pyridoxal Phosphate (active form in body) and possibly Pyridoxamine, as these will convert into Pyridoxal Phosphate and are DHT inhbiting.