Notifications
Clear all

Have Any Of You Tried To Be Dairy Free?

MemberMember
(@kimsirtis)

Posted : 12/11/2013 9:12 am

I had adult acne for 10 years and it cleared up after I stuck to a dairy free diet. Before this, I tried accutane and all sorts of other medication that only made things worse. f you do try it, you have to avoid things like milk, cheese, baked goods that may contain milk. if you already tried it, did it work for you or am i a lucky one

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 12/11/2013 11:01 am

I guess you're considered lucky then lol. Didn't work for me.. I'd rather not cut out dairy anyway haha

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 12/11/2013 11:29 am

I have like cheese occasionaly, and maybe a splash of milk with my tea when i have it. I went to an allergist a year ago to get tested for food sensitivities (because i noticed i had a weird reaction to citrus fruits) - turns out not only did i have sensitivities to citrus fruits, but to dairy as well! along with countless of other popular ingredients. wahh- but ive learned to live with it. and by not eating things i am sensitive to my rosacea and acne looked much better.

MemberMember
(@moussakachaos)

Posted : 12/11/2013 4:41 pm

I'm trying but it's not easy at all and I love cheese. I don't know if dairy even truly breaks me out. I cut it down three weeks ago, but I attribute the positive change in my face to not washing my face harshly

MemberMember
(@niftystranger)

Posted : 12/11/2013 5:57 pm

worked for me too.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 12/12/2013 5:34 am

Nope, I tried cutting out dairy and there were no changes at all. I think soy probably contributes to my acne though, because when I tried soy milk as a substitute for awhile, it got a little worse.

MemberMember
(@ck19)

Posted : 12/12/2013 6:56 pm

I've been put on a no-egg, no dairy, no gluten diet. I didn't really drink milk much before or eat cheese but used whey protein. Cut that out now.

How soon before you saw results? Did you just stop having acne as soon as you cut off dairy?

MemberMember
(@superiorpumps)

Posted : 12/13/2013 4:46 am

I don't know if it helps when i cut it out, but when I doubled my servings of Whey protein I got a bad breakout.

I then started eating cheese again and got another breakout.

I don't expect cutting out dairy will cure my acne, but if it stops breakouts then im fine with that.