Flakes Build Up On ...

Notifications
Clear all

Flakes Build Up On Skin After A Few Days

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 12/10/2013 2:08 am

Note, I do use AHA+. After a few days of using cleanser/BP/AHA+ as always, it becomes difficult to apply BP to my face because the flakes and the BP mix and it just looks nasty. Feels dry putting it on too. This means every now and then I'll have to scrub the flakes off of my face with water. I don't like doing this since it's very abrasive, I'm not breaking out so it's probably fine in that sense but obviously it's not good to be rough on your skin when you have acne issues.

This only started happening in November, basically Winter season. Also, after scrubbing all the flakes off of my face, AHA+ burns just as much as the first time I ever put it on. How come this only just started happening?

MemberMember
(@katya95)

Posted : 12/14/2013 1:43 am

This is the exact same thing that has been happening to me!!

I think that the dry winter air/ indoor heating could play a role.

To get the dead skin off, in the middle of the shower when it gets steamy and warm, rub my face with my fingers, and like all the dead skin comes off. It seems to work and isn't overly irritating.

I would like to know why this is suddenly happening, too. I have even had a zit form over flakes of skin or something (Reallly gross, I know).. I'm not sure what's going on. I have never had this big of a problem with dead skin.

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 12/17/2013 12:21 pm

I switched to Cetaphil (Has to be the brand name) lotion, not moisturizer and it helped me ALOT.