Notifications
Clear all

Dermabrasion On Nose

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 12/09/2013 6:04 pm

Right so. I have some ugly scars on my nose. I've been researching dermabrasion and since my scars are at most moderate I think it will probably give me great results. However, I've heard good and bad about dermabrading the nose. Some say the skin is too thin there, or that it heals differently. Others say it heals much better and is perfectly fine. Any thoughts?

Also if anyone has been to the Orange County Cosmetic Surgery in Newport Beach, let me know if the doctor knows what he's doing! He recommends a fat transfer and then a dermabrasion on his site-what do you guys think?

post-360185-0-18795400-1386629763.jpg

MemberMember
(@frasier)

Posted : 12/09/2013 7:24 pm

I wish I could help. I got scars on my nose myself and am in the exact same situation as you. I wish you the best of luck smile.png

I try some needling at the moment, but no success so far.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 12/10/2013 7:29 am

I've read two accounts of dermabrasion on the nose here (one was self-administered surprised.gif ) from years back and they seemed to produce good results. However, I would try to consult with doctors experienced in this procedure first, and try to find more similar cases. It's probably more risky than average dermabrasion, which already is risky! You have to weigh in the pros and cons, get experts' advice and then make your own decision. I'd say it's more likely than not it would go relatively well if you can get a doctor experienced in dermabrasion, but your scarring right now doesn't look bad, so it would be a real shame if the treatment turned out poorly and may not be worth the risk.

Good luck. smile.png

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 12/10/2013 12:47 pm

Microdermabrasion,and dermabrasion are both very risky, I had it done on my raised (hypertrophic) scar on my nose, and nurse screwed up, and left me with another raised scar.

I had microdermabrasion done, it is less risky than dermabrasion. If you really want to do it, let someone EXTREMELY experienced handle this. Research until you find someone reliable, and tell him what EXACTLY you want to have done, and tell him/her that they should not push harder. Nurse that was doing it was pushing normal during many treatments, until during one she pushed on one spot harder, and left me with raised scar.

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 12/11/2013 10:06 am

I need help on my nose too

MemberMember
(@janey44)

Posted : 12/11/2013 6:56 pm

I'm in the same boat, but my ice pick scar on the end of my nose is deeper. I don't think detmabrasion would work for me. I 'be heard horror stories about detmabrasion on the nose. Google dermabrasion nose scar and there is a story about a rugby player sueing his doctor for messing up his nose.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 12/13/2013 3:20 am

Problems from dermabrasion tend to be because the doctor goes too deep right? The doctor I researched does dermabrasion for wrinkles a lot, and I know acne scars are deeper, but mine aren't too deep. I was thinking I'd tell him to take it easy and see how it goes, just doing several light treatments instead of one deep. What are some other common horror stories? Like common bad side effects. I heard it can cause scarring but what does the resulting scar look like? I really hate these holes on my nose, I might be okay with exchanging it for a flatter scar. I have brown skin, by the way.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 12/13/2013 6:14 am

Hello I believe your doctor has the right approach but wrong idea.i have had fat transfer 20 years ago,Idermabrasions, permament fillers laser skin needling surgery in 2005.i would go with silicone 1000 injected in droplets in your nose depressions.that would do wonders.im against fat transfer totally inexact science especially there in thin skinned nose.its all guesswork on how much fat metabolizes after transfer.you may end up with too much and a bump or not enough and limited results.since artefill isnt available again currently, silicone 1000 done by an experienced plastic surgeon is best.i have had artesense 3 timmes in nose about 5 years ago results are perfect.if need be afterwards a dermabrasion is fine but expect redness possibly for months.good luck

MemberMember
(@wantonwonderer)

Posted : 12/13/2013 7:06 pm

I had dermabrasion performed on my nose at the beginning of October. I have two scars in a similar location as yours, although I think they may be deeper. I went to an experienced plastic surgeon. As of now, over 2 months following the procedure, I am still undecided as to its efficacy. I think it smoothed the scars somewhat, because when I run my fingers over the scars they feel less deep. However, I'm not sure that they look any better. The redness has taken a long time to fade.

My surgeon told me that the nose is among the most common areas he dermabrades, because ermabrasion is used to blend the scars resulting from Mohs skin cancer surgery (which is most often performed on the nose). He told me that the nose tends to heal well because of its sebaceous nature.

The pores in the dermabraded area are enlarged now, and are more pronounced because of the foundation I wear to cover the residual redness. Prior to the dermabrasion, the pores surrounding the scars were not particularly visible. I do have oily skin, and the pores on my nose clog regularly. This has not changed, however I am limited in the treatments I can use on the dermabraded area because of increased sensitivity.

I have used antibiotics intermittently since the dermabrasion to try to clear up these breakouts without using strong topicals. I wish I could report that the dermabrasion worked well, but it really is a mixed bag. My nose is much more irritated, and so I feel the area stands out more now than prior to the dermabrasion.

Years ago, I had two treatments of Fraxel Re:pair that produced negligible results (although my overall skin texture improved). Just yesterday, a different plastic surgeon performed a light subcision on the scars and injected Belotero filler. Too soon yet to report on the ultimate results of that. The area is still bruised, there is definitely some filling although not 100% level (probably more like 50%), and I think the filler is making the surrounding area puffy and further emphasizing the pores. I'm ultimately hoping to have silicone microdroplet treatments. Sorry to say, nose scars (and acne scars in general) tend to be difficult to treat, and are probably best attacked using multiple modalities. Good luck with whatever route you take, and know you're not alone in this!

MemberMember
(@luvpink)

Posted : 01/18/2014 12:23 pm

I have similar type scarring and spent A LOT of money. Probably $7,000 in total on procedures and cosmetic products.

I recently tried fat grafting and it was good for 1 week but my nose is back to the original condition.

Lasers are the new dermabrasion. I dont find Lasers that effective, i had CO2 done 3 times on my nose and the scar in the middle of my nose didnt change. dont waste ur money on that unless it was combined with something else.

So far the most effective treatment was when the Dr. did subcision, dermasanding and CO2 all in one shot. The scarring went down to one scar.

If u can heal at home for a weeks at a time, TCA treatments seem to work the best for Boxcar scars. I tried it once but the healing process was horrible. You also need 5 or more treatments.

All these treatments make my nose red all the time so it makes it worse looking and hard to cover up.

Good luck and i hope u are able to find something that works.

Eheheh liked
MemberMember
(@luvpink)

Posted : 01/18/2014 12:31 pm

I have the same kind of scars as you on the top near the tip of my nose. I can say that temporary fillers don't work. The scar tissues are tightly layered so there's no where for the fillers to go. I tried that and it raised the surrounding area making it look like a donut.

Also when it was being injected, the filler kept oozing out of my pores cuz it was too close to the top. If u decide on a filler, combine it with subcision.

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 07/07/2014 8:47 am

Guys any updates with regards to nose scarring treatment?

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 11/06/2014 2:06 am

bump