Notifications
Clear all

Mac Is Overrated

MemberMember
(@curlyduck)

Posted : 12/09/2013 2:00 pm

I can't understand why ppl are so OBSESSED with Mac. Everything from primer to concealer to foundation broke me out, clogged my pores made me and oil slick within an hour. On the search for something new!

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 12/09/2013 7:00 pm

My dermatologist told me to never use MAC cause it has a lot of clog pore ingredients. I've never tried any of there products, I have always used Origins, it doesn't break me out at all and it has good coverage with just the powders.

MemberMember
(@curlyduck)

Posted : 12/09/2013 10:31 pm

Wish I would have done my research first. I def will look into that. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/10/2013 1:57 pm

i never had any issues with MAC breaking me out at all I love their products! i guess it just depends on the person.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/17/2014 3:26 pm

They don't make foundations pale enough :| I tried NW10 studio fix and it's a more peachy and not as pale as I'm used to. I'm guessing because I have cool undertones, it also settled into my pores and looked awful. I'm going to try and return it tomorrow, luckily they gave me a sample so I haven't even opened the full sized product.

MemberMember
(@kylenea)

Posted : 03/18/2014 12:27 pm

I think a lot of girls (and guys?) are into MAC because it's more affordable than other non-drugstore makeup, and has good branding. It seems like a lot of MAC users are heavy makeup users.

I myself have never shopped at MAC for anything besides lipsticks. I'm a Sephora girl!

I wouldn't touch their foundations!

MemberMember
(@nkay0903)

Posted : 05/21/2014 8:54 am

All my friends RAVE about Mac.

i got their foundation once but it was too sparkly...it was supposed to be light reflecting but i didnt like it. it didnt clog my pores or anything.

i have been wanting to try their matte foundation that so many ppl seem to love but everyone i go by to ask for a sample they say they dont have any and treat me bad.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/28/2014 10:50 pm

I think because it focuses on young people. It's affordable, easy-to-refer, huge range of shades for everything. Almost all of them have Butylene Glycol that breaks me out. I will never be able to try their products, probably eye-products but I don't have the time to wake up early to put on shadows lol.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/31/2014 6:28 pm

I never use liquid MAC products especially foundation, pretty sure they are known for breaking people out even those who arent acne-prone.

I stick to eye shadows, lipsticks, powder blushes and bronzers. Nothing liquid!