Notifications
Clear all

Acne Has Become Severe

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/08/2013 9:29 pm

2 months ago my acne suddenly became severe, before i had minimal/mild acne. I was just using panoxyl 10% wash at the time.

My acne literally became severe and inflammed overnight. I dont know what caused it, so i went to my dermatologist. He gave me 100mg doxycycline and sodium sulfacetimide w/ sulfur wash. He told me to keep taking the doxy daily until the inflammation went down; it never did so i just took it until i ran out of pills (30). By then (after a month) my acne worsened, so my mom recommended stopping the doxy. Its now been a month and i've just been using BP in the morning and sulfur wash at night. Things havent been gettting much better.

My mom has ordered the regimen, will it help? I cant wait to return to my normal life

post-365046-0-84948600-1386556158.jpg

post-365046-0-76375400-1386556166.jpg

post-365046-0-45436500-1386556174.jpg

post-365046-0-84948600-1386556158.jpg

post-365046-0-76375400-1386556166.jpg

post-365046-0-45436500-1386556174.jpg

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 12/09/2013 2:40 pm

what is your diet like? have you looked at symptoms of leaky gut and or candida before? you MAY notice symptoms of those coincide with symptoms you are suffering. I am of the belief acne is caused by an internal imbalance so finding that imbalance finds the cure! good luck and i hope you find a speedy resolution

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 12/09/2013 3:14 pm

I would get back on the Doxy for the time being. While antibiotics aren't good long term, they should enhance the acne.org regimen and help you clear up faster in the short term. When the acne.org regimen really kicks in and starts working after 3-4 months, you can probably wean yourself off the antibiotic.

Personally, I would skip all of that and just jump on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/09/2013 4:08 pm

I would get back on the Doxy for the time being. While antibiotics aren't good long term, they should enhance the acne.org regimen and help you clear up faster in the short term. When the acne.org regimen really kicks in and starts working after 3-4 months, you can probably wean yourself off the antibiotic.

Personally, I would skip all of that and just jump on Accutane.

Thing is, my parents think the Doxy screwed up my skin even more. I think it might be because I did not gradually decrease my dosage, nevertheless it will be very difficult to convince them otherwise. I'll probably just use the regimen by itself.

what is your diet like? have you looked at symptoms of leaky gut and or candida before? you MAY notice symptoms of those coincide with symptoms you are suffering. I am of the belief acne is caused by an internal imbalance so finding that imbalance finds the cure! good luck and i hope you find a speedy resolution

I eat a pretty clean diet for a teenager. Of course I eat a good amount of meat as I'm an athlete looking to make gains in the weight room. I've cut out milk products; i only drink soy/almond milk now. I also eat lots of fruit and drink copius amounts of water.

I do not really know what leaky gut/candida is. There's nothing wrong with my skin in any other area of my body, so I don't think its really an internal issue.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 12/09/2013 5:25 pm

what the h3ll most guys here are doing heavy workouts.. even i did heavy weight lifting when i was 16-17 and that's when my back began to break out really ugly. i didn't take any protein supplements at first but by 17 i was (but not much), i'm wondering:

1. could it be some supplements that those jurks are boosting with some anabolic ..something?

2. could it be the physicall stress that u put urself at? (one time i was bleeding because of a faulty belt that was cutting me but with my nutty focus/concentration did i noticed?no) especially the compound exercices which use heavy weights, i knew created hormonal change (which by that time i was aiming for)

3. could it be the increase in food consuption? something like chicken which in my area i think it's injected with hormones (it's a rumor), that could throw u out of hormonal balance really bad

good luck in ur quest (btw i'm doing good steady progress with saw palmetto and my regime)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/09/2013 5:45 pm

you are eating alot of meat and greasy food im expecting so its alot of hormonal acne

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/09/2013 5:57 pm

How would i overcome hormonal acne? Could this be why topical treatments haven't been doing much?

you are eating alot of meat and greasy food im expecting so its alot of hormonal acne

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/09/2013 6:08 pm

How would i overcome hormonal acne? Could this be why topical treatments haven't been doing much?

I don't take supplements and my acnes only on my face, but what you said about meat could be true. There really is no workaround for this though...

>>

what the h3ll most guys here are doing heavy workouts.. even i did heavy weight lifting when i was 16-17 and that's when my back began to break out really ugly. i didn't take any protein supplements at first but by 17 i was (but not much), i'm wondering:

1. could it be some supplements that those jurks are boosting with some anabolic ..something?

2. could it be the physicall stress that u put urself at? (one time i was bleeding because of a faulty belt that was cutting me but with my nutty focus/concentration did i noticed?no) especially the compound exercices which use heavy weights, i knew created hormonal change (which by that time i was aiming for)

3. could it be the increase in food consuption? something like chicken which in my area i think it's injected with hormones (it's a rumor), that could throw u out of hormonal balance really bad

good luck in ur quest (btw i'm doing good steady progress with saw palmetto and my regime)

you can take hormonal supplement like DIM , i3c , with a liver cleanse supplement to help get rid of bad stuff faster like milk thistle , turmeric

also eat less meat and consume lots of fiber and get rid of cooking with vegetable oil and use organic coconut oil its great

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/09/2013 6:16 pm

I dont know man, i've had acne since i was around 13 and I'm 15 now; i haven't changed anything in my diet in the last 2 months when my acne became severe.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 12/09/2013 6:27 pm

beef i would consider the best meat, but i'm no meat consumer expert. consider also some beans, or soy for more protein.. wait soy could be gmo and full of herbicides and ..ahh our civilization.. maybe this teen generation now when will rule could fix some of these.

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 12/10/2013 9:26 pm

Hmm.. well it seems like I have a similar "type" of acne as you. To be more precise, I did have similar skin as you. Thing is, I suffered from adult acne (21 now) while you're undergoing the rather common "teen/high school" acne. I was going to suggest a product that has benzoyl peroxide in it, but you ordered the regimen which has 2.5% benzoyl in the cleanser if I'm not mistaken.. So I guess you should try it out first. As for if it will work for you or not, can't really say. Especially because I haven't used the regimen myself.

But I'd like to ask.. you said your acne got worse overnight. Did you do or eat anything out of the ordinary during that time frame? It can just be hormonal which I think mine is. It just fluctuates and I'm still trying to figure out on my own why it does this.

Also, what do you drink? Do you prefer water or soda, arizonas, etc?

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/11/2013 9:34 pm

I don't remember... i think it could be hormonal though, since I have lots of acne along and under my jawline. As for my preferred choice of beverage, I drink water. When I'm eating a meal, I drink orange juice/soy milk/almond milk. I might drink a sports drink such as Powerade after a sports practice.

Hmm.. well it seems like I have a similar "type" of acne as you. To be more precise, I did have similar skin as you. Thing is, I suffered from adult acne (21 now) while you're undergoing the rather common "teen/high school" acne. I was going to suggest a product that has benzoyl peroxide in it, but you ordered the regimen which has 2.5% benzoyl in the cleanser if I'm not mistaken.. So I guess you should try it out first. As for if it will work for you or not, can't really say. Especially because I haven't used the regimen myself.

But I'd like to ask.. you said your acne got worse overnight. Did you do or eat anything out of the ordinary during that time frame? It can just be hormonal which I think mine is. It just fluctuates and I'm still trying to figure out on my own why it does this.

Also, what do you drink? Do you prefer water or soda, arizonas, etc?

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 12/11/2013 11:06 pm

Hmm.. it most likely is hormonal. It's really hard to tell.. especially when I barely understand as to why I still get every now and then haha. I asked what your choice of drink is because at times, some drinks with high sugar (like arizonas) tend to make my face (where I have my acne) itchy and a bit red. I have no idea why since I used to drink arizonas ALL the time during high school and never had a problem.

Anyways, have you already ordered the regimen? I guess you can try that out. Also, have you tried products with salicylic acid before? I suggest trying that out as well. I'm doing my own thing right now and it seems to be helping but I'm not counting on it just yet. Maybe I can post back here in the near future and let you know what I'm doing. And you should probably update this thread as well while you try out the regimen I suppose.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/11/2013 11:33 pm

At that severity you just need to go on Accutane. If you don't start Accutane soon you will scar your face for life. Good luck.

I would cut out all common allergenic foods:

• Dairy
  • Eggs
  • Soy
  • Any type of nuts (including almond milk)
  • Fish
  • Shellfish
  • Wheat
MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/11/2013 11:58 pm

Haha I like to think that i'm a fairly healthy eater.

I ordered the regimen, still waiting for it to arrive though. And isn't salicyclic acid for mild acne? Thats what i used when i had mild acne.

Also thanks, that's a good idea!

Hmm.. it most likely is hormonal. It's really hard to tell.. especially when I barely understand as to why I still get every now and then haha. I asked what your choice of drink is because at times, some drinks with high sugar (like arizonas) tend to make my face (where I have my acne) itchy and a bit red. I have no idea why since I used to drink arizonas ALL the time during high school and never had a problem.

Anyways, have you already ordered the regimen? I guess you can try that out. Also, have you tried products with salicylic acid before? I suggest trying that out as well. I'm doing my own thing right now and it seems to be helping but I'm not counting on it just yet. Maybe I can post back here in the near future and let you know what I'm doing. And you should probably update this thread as well while you try out the regimen I suppose.

MemberMember
(@jjj333kkk2)

Posted : 12/12/2013 12:25 am

Dude, stop clowning around with BP and get on Accutane ASAP. If you don't take care of that quickly you will scar very badly.

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 12/12/2013 12:59 am

Tbh, I don't think food has too much to do with acne. It might if one's allergic, but other than that.. I'm just not a firm believer on food causing acne. But this is just from my personal experience.

I see some telling you to screw everything and go on accutane, haha. That indeed might be the best and fastest solution but ehh I personally wouldn't if I were you. Especially because you're only 15. It depends, really. Some people get suicidal with acne.. some don't. I personally don't which is why I'm being patient with mine while testing and trialling with different products. Anyways, since you ordered it, I wish you luck surprised.gif

Oh and as for the salicylic acid.. I have no idea haha. I guess it depends on the %? But then again.. everything I say is from my own experience, but if you already tried it, then I guess there's no need to.

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 12/12/2013 1:01 am

Dear, you need to jump on the Accutane bandwagon ASAP. Your acne is severe and will scar if not treated promptly. Make the call and get started on the Accutane process.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/12/2013 1:50 pm

go to the dermatologist before its too late

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/12/2013 9:24 pm

Maybe it's my way of coping with it, but I don't think it's hopeless to try another method before trying accutane. The pictures I took were on my laptop camera, when I have time i'll take more high quality photos. It seems to me that there's a LOOOT of discoloration going on instead of how bad it looks on webcam.

Also I think since the original time i posted this, my own routine has been improving my acne slightly. Not sure.

Dude, stop clowning around with BP and get on Accutane ASAP. If you don't take care of that quickly you will scar very badly.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/12/2013 9:37 pm

I think you are at the prime age to get acne and genes and hormones may be what is dictating the severeness of it. I understand your hesitance in going on accutane though. For one, if your hormones are still ranging then your acne is likely to come back after accutane usage. There are several members on this site that are controlling their severe acne with The Regimen so i do think its worth a shot. Give it 3-5 months and if you don't see a difference, then it may be time to look into accutane.

Good Luck and it's great that you keep such a positive attitude

That is half the acne battle.

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 12/12/2013 10:05 pm

I agree with what you said, I really don't think food makes a big difference. Sure it might make a marginal difference maybe, but not a lot. And i'll pass on accutane for now.

I'm a bit down about my acne sometimes, but during the school day I just ignore it and get on with my life. I'm definitely not suicidal about this, just frustrated and at times sad. I've surprised myself regarding how patient i've been with this problem; dealing with this has definitely built my character in some ways haha. Like it's taught me to be less self conscious.

Tbh, I don't think food has too much to do with acne. It might if one's allergic, but other than that.. I'm just not a firm believer on food causing acne. But this is just from my personal experience.

I see some telling you to screw everything and go on accutane, haha. That indeed might be the best and fastest solution but ehh I personally wouldn't if I were you. Especially because you're only 15. It depends, really. Some people get suicidal with acne.. some don't. I personally don't which is why I'm being patient with mine while testing and trialling with different products. Anyways, since you ordered it, I wish you luck surprised.gif

Oh and as for the salicylic acid.. I have no idea haha. I guess it depends on the %? But then again.. everything I say is from my own experience, but if you already tried it, then I guess there's no need to.

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 12/13/2013 12:04 am

Maybe it's my way of coping with it, but I don't think it's hopeless to try another method before trying accutane. The pictures I took were on my laptop camera, when I have time i'll take more high quality photos. It seems to me that there's a LOOOT of discoloration going on instead of how bad it looks on webcam.

Also I think since the original time i posted this, my own routine has been improving my acne slightly. Not sure.

>

Dear, you need to jump on the Accutane bandwagon ASAP. Your acne is severe and will scar if not treated promptly. Make the call and get started on the Accutane process.

go to the dermatologist before its too late

I agree with what you said, I really don't think food makes a big difference. Sure it might make a marginal difference maybe, but not a lot. And i'll pass on accutane for now.

I'm a bit down about my acne sometimes, but during the school day I just ignore it and get on with my life. I'm definitely not suicidal about this, just frustrated and at times sad. I've surprised myself regarding how patient i've been with this problem; dealing with this has definitely built my character in some ways haha. Like it's taught me to be less self conscious.

Its good that your keeping a positive attitude about all this. Unlike you, I get much more affected by my acne, lol.

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 12/13/2013 5:35 am

food makes a HUGE difference! the root cause of acne is internal, if you are eating foods that aggravate your body then your bodies response is to release toxins ie acne! im really at the opposite end of accutane as i dont believe it truly restores the balance needed, i've lost count of the amount of posts on here where people say they did accutane several years ago then it has come back worse than ever!

MemberMember
(@merri28)

Posted : 12/13/2013 6:13 am

Hey there, I understand what you are going through because I've been there before. There are many causes of acne, and everyone's experience with acne is different, but food often isn't the main cause of acne. Based on your profile (male and young), it is definitely hormones.

I would suggest that you follow your dermatologist's advice and monitoring. If the doctor is not comfortable with prescribing you Accutane at such a young age, there is definitely a valid reason. Discuss options with your doctor.

Personally, I was only put on Accutane after trying all the medicine out there for acne ( including de-oxycline); my body responded well to it and while I still have pimples and "bumps" on my face , there aren't as bad ( but the regimen helps keep my remaining acne under control). Please ignore the fear-mongering by people out there; Accutane does not trigger outbreaks, but it doesn't cure acne so for some ppl the acne will come back after Accutane, but it is unlikely to be worse.

Do stick to the regimen closely and you will see improvement. In the meantime, stay positive, have an active and healthy lifestyle and don't be so conscious of what ppl think about you or your looks ; most ppl don't really care. If there are ppl who really make nasty comments about your skin or judge you based on your looks, then these ppl aren't your friends so steer clear of them. : ))

Good luck and press on !