Notifications
Clear all

Breakout Only On My Cheeks?

MemberMember
(@nativejet)

Posted : 12/07/2013 4:53 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I'm 18 and in my first semester in college. I have been having trouble with my acne for years now. I currently only breakout on my cheeks, but it's always big, red, cystic zits that take forever to go away and fade.

I currently use cetaphil in the morning followed up with Aczone and sunscreen. At night I use the Clarisonic acne daily clarifying cleanser and brush head, followed up by Tazorac.

I don't know what else to do, I've cut out all sodas and generally unhealthy things from my diet and been that way for several months now.

I've been thinking of trying the Clarisonic deep pore cleanser, but does anyone know how good that is for acne? Also considering Accutane, but my parents are against it so that one would be a battle.

If y'all could help me out at all I'd really appreciate it.

Any ideas/tips/recommendations?

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 12/09/2013 8:57 pm

You 18 so you could sign yourself up. All you would need to do is cop their insurance card. But I had exactly the same problem you do. I would only get it on my cheeks and back. I went on accutane 36 days ago and I still have a little acne breakouts, no where near clear yet, but getting there.....ugh hopefully I start clearing up. Where are you from? For your cysts apply Hydrogen peroxide. You should see the skin turn white on the cyst (bacteria turns white when killed) this makes the pimple dormant so they it doesn't get any bigger. Also pick some vicks vapor rub, it has a lot of anti-botic properties and reduces redness and swelling for only 3 dollars.

MemberMember
(@dylankf)

Posted : 12/10/2013 5:43 pm

I'm in the same boat. 19 years old, acne only on cheeks. What kind of skin type do you have? I have combination skin: oily T-zone, normal cheeks. I'm wondering if using BPO is over-drying my cheeks and causing more acne. I've recently stopped using BPO all together and I've gotten less big pimples on my cheeks.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/10/2013 6:23 pm

youre suppose to wash your face with a cleanser when you wake up also and before you go sleep so you might have clogged pores because you dont wash away the dead skin in the morning when you apply tazorac , also have you cut out high carbs , greasy food cooked with oil and dairy ?