Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
la-

First Smoothbeam Treatment!

Well I had my first Smoothbeam and V-beam treatments today!

I have been doing research about them for a few weeks now and I felt really good about the decision! My doctor was pretty awesome- much more helpful than the last derm I went to.

They zapped my whole face with Smoothbeam on setting 14 without any numbing cream!!! (They said it constricts the blood vessels and causes the lasers to be less effective) I had been told it would hurt, and, well, it did. It hurt like a *****, but I was so excited about finally getting this done that I didn't even care! It doesn't last for very long anyway, only about 15 minnutes for both treatments.

The whole thing had a subtle science-fiction/futuristic-movie feel to it: the little lead goggles they gave me... the zippy zappy noise that the laser makes... my doctor who looked like the guy from American Beauty. An interesting experience no doubt.

Well I have before pics, but I'm going to wait to post them till I have the after pics also... it's not as painful that way. biggrin.gif

Ooooo I definitely will upload progress photos! I'm hoping that I'll see a big improvement in 3 to 4 weeks...

As of now, my skin feels totally normal. I didn't turn red or anything, but my skin did sting off and on for a few hours.

The more I think about this procedure the more interesting it becomes to me. It totally reminds me of going to Tommorowland at Disney World when I was little.

Please keep us updated! I really want to get Smoothbeam and Vbeam done for myself as well and I've been doing tons of research. I think I'll be ready sometime in the next few months. Definetly post pictures cuz I'd love to see just how effective it really is. smile.gif

Yah, I totally know how seeing someone else's progress photos is almost more informative than reading about the procedure or seeing success rate statistics.

I'm doing Smootbeam for moderate active acne. I don't have any pitted scarring, but I do have a face full of red marks. So that's what the V-beam is for.

Thanks for the interest and encouragement!

I'm pretty sold on this procedure right now, because evidently it has the same effectiveness as accutane, but none of the side-effects, and you don't have to wait as long for results. I guess the downside is that insurance doesn't cover it. I'm just soo thankful my mom decided she wanted to do it for me! She is **the best**

I will keep you posted!

Alright, you guys have done your research, could you post a few links, cause i'm getting interested in this.

I managed to get my acne from moderate to mild with differin. Is smoothbeam still an option then???? How much does it cost?

Alright, you guys have done your research, could you post a few links, cause i'm getting interested in this.

I managed to get my acne from moderate to mild with differin. Is smoothbeam still an option then???? How much does it cost?

I've had those and therma cool done about 6-7 times total. It does help reduce red marks and the therma cool stimulates collagen growth to smooth out the skin a bit, but it defiantly does not replace accutane for those with severe acne. It will however, cause you to break out less when you first start taking accutane.

BTW: insurance didn't cover it for you?

hey flip, no I was told that insurance wouldn't cover the treatment, and I don't have any medical insurance anyway so it wasn't an issue.

How well did your smoothbeam treatments work for your acne? It sounds like you had some improvement but not total? You ended up deciding to go on accutane after your treatments?

Hey, this is an update!

It has been almost three weeks since my Smoothbeam/ V-beam treatment. I'm so amazed! Within a few days I started getting fewer and fewer new pimples. The ones I did get were smaller in size. By the end of week two I was pretty clear, I had a small break out last week but it's pretty much cleared up now! Even the stubborn spots around my mouth are gone!! and my red spots are fading fast! The amount of oil that my skin produces has decreased and my makeup actually looks good on, and stays on most of the day. I'm really happy! Not quite ready to post before and after pictures because my red marks are still there and it's hard to tell in photographs the difference between an active pimple and a red mark. **sooo happy I had this treatment done**. I'm going for my second treatment next week! biggrin.gif I will keep you posted and hope to be showing you amazing before and after photos soon!

That's great to hear about your process. smile.gif May I ask, where you live and who you are seeing for these procedures?

That's great to hear about your process. smile.gif May I ask, where you live and who you are seeing for these procedures?

Hey, this is an update!

It has been almost three weeks since my Smoothbeam/ V-beam treatment. I'm so amazed! Within a few days I started getting fewer and fewer new pimples. The ones I did get were smaller in size. By the end of week two I was pretty clear, I had a small break out last week but it's pretty much cleared up now! Even the stubborn spots around my mouth are gone!! and my red spots are fading fast! The amount of oil that my skin produces has decreased and my makeup actually looks good on, and stays on most of the day. I'm really happy! Not quite ready to post before and after pictures because my red marks are still there and it's hard to tell in photographs the difference between an active pimple and a red mark. **sooo happy I had this treatment done**. I'm going for my second treatment next week!  biggrin.gif I will keep you posted and hope to be showing you amazing before and after photos soon!

WHooohooo here are before and after photos in my gallery:

BEFORE!

AFTER!

thanks for the encouragement Kate! Still have a few redmarks from pimples that came after my first treatment, but I'm going Thursday for my second one, so hopefully they will continue to fade fast! smile.gif

WHooohooo here are before and after photos in my gallery:

BEFORE!

AFTER!

thanks for the encouragement Kate! Still have a few redmarks from pimples that came after my first treatment, but I'm going Thursday for my second one, so hopefully they will continue to fade fast! smile.gif