Notifications
Clear all

Staphylococcus Epidermidis Causing Acne Vulgaris

MemberMember
(@julian81)

Posted : 12/07/2013 2:51 am

Hi all dear fellows!

I wanted to let you know that I have acne for almost 20 years including staphylococcus capitis (sort of ringworm type on top of the head).

At the microbiology institutte they tested and found that I have infection S. epidermidis (much harder than aureus - mrsa).

I tested myself for intolerance as well. Since I GATHERED ALL THE INFORMATION, I found that there were a lot of clinical studies posted at pubmed which supplements works to inhibit s. epidermidis. but there is a first question.

1. If oregano oil, cinnamon, lemon balm, lemon grass, coconut oil has a great affect to kill this bacteria, and you also have moderate to high intolerance to these substances, is it safe to eat or better avoid to not do more HARM than good? I mean, you actually eat something that you know it will kill bacteria but on the other hand, it will do a lot of negative reactions in the body, could do in summary more harm?

I only found that taking VITAMIN D3 in doses 25.000 IU with vitamin K2 (around 2000 mcg really helps, when I stop eathing that it all gone down. The next thing NO GLUTEN, DIARY, EGGS and no fruit helped. I have been experimenting a lot and am closer to find a solution. But I didn't try megadoses of VITAMIN A from cod fish liver oil yet.

I have intolerance on gluten (only buckwheat and corn shows okay - no gluten), most diary (except for tilsiter cheese and american cheese - dont know why), eggs (white - max intolerance, yolk - little lower and some fruits like kiwi, pineapple and also intolerance to potato, almonds and hazelnuts (not to peanuts adn walnuts - strange).

2 .Another question is, does eggs actually do help to s. epidermidis or not? Too many contradictory studies were done, some like it kills bacteria, next it growth in eggs. I know that maybe egg whites could also kill the bacteria, but don't know because of the highest intolerance. Maybe it's better to work more calm, don't know. i would be great to hear your experiences.

The only diet regime that works was salmon, brown rice (I excluded this), sweet potato, brocolli, tomato.

I will also try to exclude drinking green tea (lots of caffeine).

3. question - accutane or vitamin a, how long do you need to take and what doses for the effect. thank you. I bought VITAMIN A from nature's way (100 capsules x 10.000 IU from atlantic cod fish liver oil) 5 bottles.

Any suggestions will be beneficial for me, thank you everyone and I am proud to be a part of the community.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/07/2013 8:33 am

I would not consume things you are intolerant to unless the microbial infection issue is critical. Where does it live? Can you not treat topically?

MemberMember
(@julian81)

Posted : 12/07/2013 9:56 am

I found that eggs exaggerate when I tried 2 eggs, and my intolerance is highest for egg white, strange don't know why for spelt. anyway i have these infection on top of the head for almost 15 years I didn't recognize until I finally decided to remove my hair, the other infection in sinus, nasal passages, mouth, skin all over the nose and mouth (corners), lower part of the face, actually entire area where you shave yourself and in the eyes (styes) and they are not mrsa, but mrse (epidermidis). I found only relief with vitamin d3 alone or combination with k2, and ofcourse with diet without gluten, diary, eggs and also without fruit and nuts. So fish, turkey and veggies are okay for now, and sweet potatoes seems to do fine. I also think it's in my blood, because it's been around 15 years and rapidly damage my immune system by attacking white blood cells, that's why they are in range of 4 out of 10 almost all the time.

MemberMember
(@julian81)

Posted : 12/08/2013 7:38 am

I tried so many things, but eating meat only without gluten, diary and eggs doesn't seem to do much good. Even that I quit sugar, bacterias feed on acidosis of the body. So the more meat and other acidic forming foods you eat, bacteria replicate probably.

Fruits and vegatables could be the key, because they form high alkaline ph in the body and that makes white t cells able to fight bacteria.

They are so many different sorts of bacteria that forms acne, and for some people meat works since there is not sugar or carbohydrates, but for the others it is acidic regime and it doesn't work.

It's hard to know but for staphylococcus epidermidis is known that is coagulase negative bacteria, means that vitamin k1,2 is beneficial, because it works the opposite way that bacteria do. and also it is anaerobe bacteria, it means that it likes lack of oxygen (meat, diary, eggs, nuts, grains) all foods that makes your body acidic. That's why fish, particularly salmon (high omega 3 source), sweet potatoes, and vegetables done good for me.

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 12/08/2013 8:03 am

The layer of skin where Staph Epidermidis resides is dead. The cells are dead. No blood supply, nothing.

Happy to be corrected but nothing you eat or drink is going to efffect a pathogen infecting a dead cell.

k3tchup liked
MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 12/09/2013 2:46 am

The layer of skin where Staph Epidermidis resides is dead. The cells are dead. No blood supply, nothing.

Happy to be corrected but nothing you eat or drink is going to efffect a pathogen infecting a dead cell.

Correct.

The things he stated helped actually do help. These being vitamin D, A, and also i have read of vitamin K helping with cell health. The exact article was on essential day spa touting the work of vitamin K in skin health and proliferation. Unfortunately all my links to all those threads is lost.

Vitamin K will give your blood the tendency to be thicker. This isn't always desired especially if you have other diagnoses/comorbidities. Something to watch.

MemberMember
(@julian81)

Posted : 12/09/2013 4:38 am

Thank you for these data, I actually found that vitamin d3 helps a lot but in combination with K. for the coagulation, take green tea extract which has anti angiogenesis properties and great anti microbical agent for staph epidermidis. I also found that lemon balm, propolis, cinnamon, pycnogenol, resveratrol, grapeseed extract works great. All herbal teas like thyme also do a great affect but I eat sweet potatoes to get more natural produced vitamin a, but probably I'll take vitamin a from fish liver oil to get doses around 100-200k IU daily.

I am happy to know that vitamin a is beneficial, but food is important, without sugar no specific effect was done, since bacteria doesn't care about sort of glucose, it feeds on all types of glucose, so eating lots of carbohydrates is actually the same as sugars. For example 200g of brown rice gives you around 160g of carbs but if you eat some fruit with 10-15g of carbs per 100g, it's around 30g only total!

Nuts are better to be avoided, since they are high in arginine, and most of them cause acidic ph, except for almonds. but they still have lots of carbs too, also nuts got around 50% of oils, which isn't good for bacterical infection.

About the dead skin, I finally realised that actually vitamin a will be the only true agent to get healed.