Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just started using a 5% bp cream and I'm starting to get the wrinkly face look that people complain about. What can I do to stop this from happening?

I would switch to a 2.5% BP from the 5%.Studies have shown that the antibacterial properties are maxed at 2.5%, so anything above that level is just going to irritate the skin.If you still are irritated you could, rotate in an AHA or BHA, at one time of day, and use a moisturizer whenever you are dry. If you use a toner make sure, it is low alcohol too. Watch the weather, on the colder drier days, lay back on the most aggressive treatments.Where I live it gets below zero at least a few times in the winter, so I dial way back on the chemicals so I don't overdue the drying.

I would use less of the bp especially in places that the wrinkles form and moisturise your face at least twice a day especially after showering eusa_dance.gif

Watch how you sleep biggrin.gif

It's actually true that pressing your face into the pillow at night causes “sleep wrinkles�. Try to sleep on your back. Also when you have the bp on at night it causes your skin on the face to give less therefore making other pliable areas (i.e. under the eyes) give to produce wrinkles. Oh and use a moisturizer at night. Something with vitamin A and/or E in it.