Notifications
Clear all

Fixing Bleaching Of Skin?

MemberMember
(@musicalrapture)

Posted : 12/05/2013 8:02 pm

Hey, so I've been using the Regiment for a few months now, and like it. It works. But I have gotten some pretty serious bleaching on my cheeks and after searching I haven't found much on this topic, or how to remedy it.

If anyone has some pointers on how to fix bleached skin, preferably something I can do at home, please say so.

I'm 15, a ginger with very light skin. Some parts of my cheeks are very white compared to the rest of my face, it does not entirely fade even also, there are some discernible sections where you can see the damage. I assume this is from BP, but I don't know.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 12/05/2013 9:35 pm

Its seems strange that you have white patches as normally BP turns your skin red in the early months before it adjusts. Is it possible that most of your face is red, making the areas unaffected look white?

If you don't think that is the case then maybe BP isnt the right treatment for your skin type.

MemberMember
(@chris14)

Posted : 03/19/2014 3:32 pm

Hi, your post got my attention as over christmas i started using duac for a minor acne problem that was always reacurring, i only used it for 2-3 weeks and then stopped as there was no longer a reason to use it, in the days after my skin did show signs of bleaching where the duac had come into contact with it, 2 months later im struggling to say there's been a notable improvement, i posted a question here some weeks ago but its drawn a blank, as the previous reply mentioned maybe the product is not suitable for your skin type, as far as ive found out discoloration (bleaching effect) is a remote side effect, so much the companies who market and produce these products dont allow it to influence their production of it, in short the benifits greatly outway the negatives, i dont know if you can contact me via this website but if you do come on a remedy id appreciate if you could let me know of it.

best of luck

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/27/2014 9:21 am

BP does not bleach the skin. It works by releasing oxygen into the pore where the acne bacteria live, thus killing them. It also flakes the skin a bit which helps expel comedones, but it does not bleach skin. If you are experiencing something out of the ordinary you may need to discontinue and see your doctor or dermatologist for advice.