Concerns About Regi...

Notifications
Clear all

Concerns About Regimen Results.

MemberMember
(@mchovan)

Posted : 12/04/2013 11:25 pm

Hi guys,

I know this question has been asked to death, but I can't seem to find any answers. I've been using the Regimen for about 2 1/2 months now, and though I've seen improvement, it's still not fantastic. My face is still extremely dry and flakey (I usually have oily skin), and I still get new acne. My scars haven't seen to fade too much either. Just wondering how much longer I should give this before I start getting the results I need. I've struggled with acne for 8 years and I'm desperate for a clear face.

I was also wondering about makeup remover. I know it's recommended to not wear any, but I can't leave the house with my face looking awful from the acne. I use to use face wipes, but those were too harsh on my skin. I ordered some of the jojoba oil, but can I use that to remove my foundation/concealer?

Thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 12/05/2013 2:11 am

After being on the regimen for about 3 years out of the past 13.. (once for a year and another for 2 years), my experience was very similar to what you are saying. I was never clear, my skin was always super dry and flakey, and it was just awful having to waste all the time on it. I tried every moisturizer, combined it with jojoba oil, AHA. I also got a humidifier but nothing ever helped. Other people seem to have better results though so maybe you just gotta keep pushing.

Can't help with the makeup part though :)

MemberMember
(@unluckyy)

Posted : 12/05/2013 2:40 pm

Seems that many of us have the same situation as author does. Now even when i lowered dosage from 2 pumps of bp til 1 i still remain with a dry and flakes, whats important when i did a pause of bp for 24 hours, for the 6 next uses of bp i didnt felt any stinging, since the flakes started to show - here it came again and these horrible flakes, honestly i dont see improvement after 3 months now and it looks just worse, hyperpigmentation stays longer, doesnt matter that they claim at there isnt any scientific evidence for that.

MemberMember
(@clearplz)

Posted : 12/05/2013 5:06 pm

i completed my first month of the regimen. bought another but i'm not too sure how much longer i'll continue. i still get acne. my acne is not that bad but i get pimples quite often. now, being on the regimen i get extremely dry/flaky skin when my moisturizer dries up. i put the regimen on in the morning and by lunch my face looks flaky. i might try another month, then try AHA and then if its still the same ill most likely stop.

MemberMember
(@mchovan)

Posted : 12/05/2013 9:23 pm

Thanks for replying, guys! I'll give it a few more months and see how it goes.. it looks better than it use to, but still not terrific.

Also, I'm very new here and was wondering what AHA is?

MemberMember
(@reillknull)

Posted : 12/06/2013 6:36 pm

The jojoba oil works as a makeup remover, I use it! I massage it in and then rinse it off in the shower, and then wash with the cleanser! It also helps to moisturise and get rid of some of the flakes! I've been on the regimen 1 month 2 weeks, and I've been incorporating the aha into my regimen I only use it 2-3 times a week in place of my moisturiser, and as a spot treatment. I notice a big difference in the overall appearance of my skin.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 12/07/2013 11:20 am

BP only really kills p acnes and it doesn't even kill it all. P acnes is actually normal bacteria that everyone has (yes, even everyone without visible acne) so it is debatable whether even trying to kill the bacteria is that beneficial.

Dan's regimen is all about slathering incredible amounts of 2.5% BP all over. It does not matter that it is 2.5%, the large amounts used will cause dryness, irritation and flakiness. The moisturizer is then supposed to manage this, but in more cases than not, all it does is exasperate the problem. All those products you apply to your skin contribute to the blocking of pores in addition to causing irritation (whether felt or not) which is why more times than not the regimen causes acne.

The way to deal with acne is to remove the actual cause. To my knowledge, one of the biggest causes of acne is stress/mood and general lifestyle. Lack of exercise also contributes. You can wash your face and your pillow cases until your heart is content. You can use topicals and antibiotics as much as you can deal with, your acne will probably still remain.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 12/10/2013 3:44 am

You need to give it time, everyone reacts differently to the regimen. From memory I started staying clear around the 11 week mark and I also suffered from dry flaky skin. AHA really helped with that, also the passing of time helped as my skin eventually adjusted to the huge amounts of BP used in the regimen.

As for moisturising, you can keep applying moisturiser throughout the day as needed. Just make sure your hands are clean and you're applying it gently. I used to always keep a bottle handy at work. (no, not alcohol...moisturiser!)

If you stop the regimen now, what's your alternative? Give it a good 4-6 months and hopefully you will get results as good as mine (have a look at my gallery for my regimen week by week progress).

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@masho10)

Posted : 10/14/2020 5:09 pm

hi guy im new to this website and i really hope someone reply to my question and give some advice

i have acne been while now it several also a lot of red spot so i try the acne.org regimen, Ibeen using regimen for 2 weeks now and i want to stop using it because it burn my skin, itchy, and flaky also so dry.

does regimen gonna make effect and get worst if i stop using? please give some advice