Notifications
Clear all

Looking For Acne Sufferers To Model.

MemberMember
(@andersoj)

Posted : 12/03/2013 1:10 pm

Hi,

This is my first post in a while. I'm an artist living in Denver Colorado and a long time acne sufferer. I have been toying with the idea of a series of large format starkly lit portraits of acne sufferers for a long time now, because I feel like as a group we have experienced a trauma that has gone largely unrecognized by society. I want, with your help, to make images that are larger than life and force the viewer to look int our eyes and confront the humanity of the person behind the blemishes. I understand that the last thing people with acne want is to have their picture taken, but I feel like in a studio setting with the end goal of creating a greater awareness of acne, and potentially fine art some of you may entertain me. If you're in Colorado and are interested in participating please send me a pm or just reply here. I can compensate for travel plus $50 for time.

If you want to see some of my unrelated work you can look here.

Thanks,

James

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 12/03/2013 3:38 pm

Hey man,

I don't live in Colorado so I can't help you out unfortunately, but I just wanted to say that this is a great idea and your work looks very awesome!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 12/03/2013 5:34 pm

Honestly I think this is a great idea, plus your work looks fantastic!

I don't live in Colorado either, but best of luck with the project.

MemberMember
(@chriz00)

Posted : 12/03/2013 11:38 pm

This is an idea that has been in my mind as well, though,,,I am not a pro photographer, but I've always imagined it with all kinds of people with different levels of acne but smiling or laughing. Maybe a black and white photo. Just to show the beauty that we all have.

MemberMember
(@andersoj)

Posted : 12/04/2013 1:32 pm

Thanks guys, glad you like the idea.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/05/2013 2:55 pm

damn, im not in colorado either but i would be so down! good luck finding some people who can do it and i hope it goes well!

MemberMember
(@mm1990)

Posted : 12/06/2013 12:51 am

This is so strange. I was just talking about doing a similar series, but not focused exclusively on acne. I want to photograph features that are commonly thought of as flaws, highlighting the interest and beauty found in so-called imperfection. If you go forward with this series, please share! I'm sure it will be incredible.

I'd love to talk with you about photography sometime. Most of my friends find art discussion quite dull, so I'm always looking for like-minded individuals.

Good luck!
Maria
MemberMember
(@andersoj)

Posted : 12/10/2013 11:34 am

This is so strange. I was just talking about doing a similar series, but not focused exclusively on acne. I want to photograph features that are commonly thought of as flaws, highlighting the interest and beauty found in so-called imperfection. If you go forward with this series, please share! I'm sure it will be incredible.

I'd love to talk with you about photography sometime. Most of my friends find art discussion quite dull, so I'm always looking for like-minded individuals.

Good luck!
Maria

You're work is really beautiful Maria! Really powerful lighting,tones, composition, did you shoot most of it with film?

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 12/10/2013 11:40 am

I would do it! Although I live in california.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/11/2013 3:23 pm

I'd help in a heart beat but I'm in England.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/17/2013 3:06 pm

good luck on this, I think we need people to really stop looking at acne as a joke & more of the Serious issue that it is. work's like yours would get people to look at it differently im sure. if you manage to do it I'd definitely like to see it!

MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 12/25/2013 3:39 pm

I look forward to seeing this!

MemberMember
(@kokobear)

Posted : 12/31/2013 3:04 am

That's a terrible idea and very degrading to the sufferers, I'm sorry but I don't think this is all that great of an idea.