Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jojo_d

Regimen in a morning

Hi

I was wondering if anyone else had problems using the BP gel in a morning???

I've tried it but found the following problems:

1. The whole process takes forever and waiting for the gel to dry before applying moisturiser takes ages and if i apply it b4 its fully dry then it goes all white and it just feels like i've got a thick layer of gloop on my face.

2. Afterwards my face feels quite stiff and so if i smile, yawn etc my face starts to crack and becomes really flaky, particularly round my mouth where its more sensitive - this is very embarassing at work!!

3. And finally applying make up over the thick gloopy layer looks just terrible...

... So i came to the conclusion after a couple of nightmare embarassing days of looking shocking at work that it was impossible to apply the gel in a morning but i'm onto my 5th big tube now and apply loads at night but my skin has shown little/no improvement so far.

I don't know what to do! help! any suggestions? sad.gif

My routine is...

I use Clearasil in a morning to cleanse, then wait 15 mins apply lots and lots of BP Gel and then use Eucerin Alpha Hydroxy lotion to moisturise

I don't use the gel, i use on the spot..but i agree you should apply it all the way. even if it does take forever doubt.gif Maybe try applying a little less around your mouth? My chin tends to be really sensitive and at times it gets extremely dry, red, and flakey. So i just apply less to my chin, until it's gone back to normal then i go back to applying the usual amount. hope that helps confused.gif good luck!

I've given up on trying to put on makeup over BP. It looks ridiculous. The BP literally peels off and my face looks like it's decomposing. Tried a couple of times, but I always end up washing it all off and putting on makeup without the BP.

It makes no difference whether it's Dan's gel, or on-the-spot, they both look equally terrible. Now, I just do the normal routine at night, and in the mornin...I apply the BP, and leave it on until it's completely absorbed...and then I GENTLY wash it off and go on with my normal makeup routine.