Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
walrus

My skin history - PICS!

Hello everyone,

Here´s what I´ve been through:

I´m 20 yers old and had bad cystic acne till 17, when I started taking accutane. Used it for 1 and a half year and now I barely have any acne. Im very happy with my results but I would really like to get rid of the scars.

It´s been two years since the end of my accutane treatment and since then I have used all kinds of tretinoin and isotretinoin products non-stop, had 4 micro-dermabrasions (cristals) that didnt help much and now Im using Intense Gel for almost a month, which of course doesnt do anything to scars but it sure improves the skin looks (my friends have noticed).

I got a TCA peel kit from the internet and Im waiting for my vacations so I can stay home for a week. Till then I have been doing patch tests on my body and asking for advice here in the forum.

I took pics of my face today. Most people say my skin doesnt look bad at all, but i think it does. Please help me!

PICS:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...album&album=396

Thanks,

Thiago

Hello everyone,

I´m 20 yers old and had bad cystic acne till 17, when I started taking accutane. Used it for 1 and a half year and now I barely have any acne. Im very happy with my results but I would really like to get rid of the scars.

It´s been two years since the end of my accutane treatment and since then I have used all kinds of tretinoin and isotretinoin products non-stop,  had 4 micro-dermabrasions (cristals) that didnt help much and now Im using Intense Gel for almost a month, which of course doesnt do anything to scars but it sure improves the skin looks (my friends have noticed).

I got a TCA peel kit from the internet and Im waiting for my vacations so I can stay home for a week. Till then I have been doing patch tests on my body and asking for advice here in the forum.

I took pics of my face today. Most people say my skin doesnt look bad at all, but i think it does. Please help me!

PICS:

Thanks,

Thiago

I have 12.5%, 25% and 50%. I have no idea what´s the pH level. Just did a patch test with 12.5% on my face and it burned quite well.

Walrus,

I'd agree that your scars don't look that bad. But I understand that we are always more critical about ourselves than others are about us. Which should give you SOME comfort while you are working on making yourself happy. I hope. If I were you I'd get punch grafts and a dermabrasion from Dr. Y. Now, don't take that as advice or a suggestion, it's just what I'd do if my scars were like yours after all the research I've done on these boards. Check out the extremely poplular post by Animegirl about her dermabrasion (she's had 5). And look at Love's pics in the gallery. They are truly amazing. Good luck to you, what ever you end up doing. It's great to see someone making an effort.

Violet

Hello everyone,

It´s been two years since the end of my accutane treatment and since then I have used all kinds of tretinoin and isotretinoin products non-stop,  had 4 micro-dermabrasions (cristals) that didnt help much and now Im using Intense Gel for almost a month, which of course doesnt do anything to scars but it sure improves the skin looks (my friends have noticed).

PICS:

Thanks,

Thiago

Intense Gel is just a product made of vitamin C and other ingredients that make your skin look healthier. It´s not magic like many here advertise, but sure shows results after a week or two.

12.5% TCA is the strongest acid I would use for an at home full-face peel. You look like a good candidate for a copper peptide cream like Trireduction. Use it nightly along with the 12.5% once a month and you should see some improvement over time.

Intense Gel is just a product made of vitamin C and other ingredients that make your skin look healthier. It´s not magic like many here advertise, but sure shows results after a week or two.